is it my computer?

nukebull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Is this making the site run about a half second slower or is that MY computer?

I think so. When I refresh or open a new thread, etc.... I can't scroll down (or up) without the screen hesitating for a second before I can scroll up and down without a problem.

then it must be everyones.  the same thing is happening to me.  I change  my stance, I now think it is annoying.  I tried donating a lump sum to this site, but was ignored when asked how to do so.   :-/

guess my money is no good here.  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,812

Is this making the site run about a half second slower or is that MY computer?

I think so. When I refresh or open a new thread, etc.... I can't scroll down (or up) without the screen hesitating for a second before I can scroll up and down without a problem.

then it must be everyones.  the same thing is happening to me.  I change  my stance, I now think it is annoying.  I tried donating a lump sum to this site, but was ignored when asked how to do so.   :-/

guess my money is no good here.  

go to button up top that says make a donation, they accept lump sum.

• Content Count:  1,812

why attack everyone that gives their opinion when it differs with  yours.

;D

Attack ?

;D

Sorry that my verbal "attack"  :-/ was so fierce  :-?

I will try to be more sensitive to your feelings . . . I'm just glad your thoughts weren't considered "gay" from the "dangerous" crown on here.

;D

I find it FUNNY that some make an opinion and when somebody retorts with "their" opinion, it's considered an "attack"  ::) By this reasoning, did you attack Bulliever with your comments ?

;D

And I'm sure Bulliever will/would be addressing this ...

and donate so the board can keep going

Bulliever has made a lifetime commitment to this site FOR ALL BULL Fans . . . he has given time(along with many on here) and money to make this a great site. I don't have a worry about this site EVER expiring.

[attckmode] But I still find it hard to understand how it's "annoying" [/attackmode]  ;D

You see ET I was responding to this:

It's a test on some ad software...just a test to see how it works...If you click on the doubleunderlined word you can see what the link is about, if interested, you can follow it.  Not sure if it is something we can use or not for revenue generation.  I thought it was rather unintrusive when I saw it in use on another site.  [highlight]I'd love to get feedback from the board members[/highlight].

You then responded to my feedback 3 times, telling me why I should like something that annoys me.

I do not feel your comments were mean spirited, It just seems when ever someone posts their opinion they get jumped on if its not the "popular" opinion

I could see the "gay" comments coming if I started 20 threads on this topic and then ignored the results after asking for opinions and instead tried to tell the differing views how they were wrong ;)

• Content Count:  928

There are people actually complaining about this? The same people that grew up with either dial-up or no internet? SPOILED...

I don't care about the links. Personally, every link I've rolled over is extremely irrelevant to me. In the age of adware and spyware, people are already weary of spam and pop-ups and we think random links do more harm than good. Plus, it could deter newcomers from coming here and staying around which is more valuable than money.

I'm really not trying to be a smart ass - just my thoughts. I'll still post but others may not...and I don't forsee myself clicking any links.

People really need to cough up some dough so Bulliever won't need to pimp this board out.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,336
  • Days Won:  490

Well, the verdict is in.

While the company says it would take 4-6 weeks to see quality links directed to the site, it has been almost 4 weeks.  I have looked at the revenue from the links and it was about $30 for 27 days - a little over a dollar a day.  I always try to do what I think is right for the board and in this case I believe it is best that we not pursue that source of revenue.  We may try again in the future, but right now the product isn't delivering the quality of links I expect.  Combined with the distraction it caused some members, I pulled the plug on it today.

• Content Count:  3,574

Well, the verdict is in.

While the company says it would take 4-6 weeks to see quality links directed to the site, it has been almost 4 weeks.  I have looked at the revenue from the links and it was about $30 for 27 days - a little over a dollar a day.  I always try to do what I think is right for the board and in this case I believe it is best that we not pursue that source of revenue.  We may try again in the future, but right now the product isn't delivering the quality of links I expect.  Combined with the distraction it caused some members, I pulled the plug on it today.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

They are gone

Archived