30 Win Season for Baseball Team

JoeB

Guest r_to_the_izzo
College baseball is a tough sell. The game is long at the Major League level, now add in alumminum bats which turn 6-4 into 12-10 and I can easily see why it doesnt catch on unless its a big name school, or a team who is consistently taking trips to Omaha.

r to:

You are right college baseball is a tough sell, but the concerns you voice above are unfortunate misconceptions. College baseball is not like MLB. The games are typically done in less than three hours, but close to three hours. The fan definitely feels like more a part of the game. You sit closer to the field, can hear the umpires, coaches, and players talking on the field. The players play with much more enthusiasm than MLB players. The players come out of the dugout to congratulate each other after bunts, productive outs, RBI outs or hits, etc. If you or anyone else has not been out to a game, please try it and see how good it is.

Just like college football and basketball are better than the NFL and NBA, college baseball is way better than MLB.

Go Bulls!!

Obviously you prefer the college game at all levels. By the way other than JoeB I think I have been to the most games on this board, including the roadie at UCF.

Unlike college football, or college basketball you are not seeing the best of the best. With what seems like a million rounds of the draft, and the money thrown at even mid range picks, the college baseball talent level is spread out too much.

I know you like the game, so do I, but if you watch games because of hustle and heart, the WNBA needs customers.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

College baseball is a tough sell. The game is long at the Major League level, now add in alumminum bats which turn 6-4 into 12-10 and I can easily see why it doesnt catch on unless its a big name school, or a team who is consistently taking trips to Omaha.

r to:

You are right college baseball is a tough sell, but the concerns you voice above are unfortunate misconceptions. College baseball is not like MLB. The games are typically done in less than three hours, but close to three hours. The fan definitely feels like more a part of the game. You sit closer to the field, can hear the umpires, coaches, and players talking on the field. The players play with much more enthusiasm than MLB players. The players come out of the dugout to congratulate each other after bunts, productive outs, RBI outs or hits, etc. If you or anyone else has not been out to a game, please try it and see how good it is.

Just like college football and basketball are better than the NFL and NBA, college baseball is way better than MLB.

Go Bulls!!

Obviously you prefer the college game at all levels. By the way other than JoeB I think I have been to the most games on this board, including the roadie at UCF.

Unlike college football, or college basketball you are not seeing the best of the best. With what seems like a million rounds of the draft, and the money thrown at even mid range picks, the college baseball talent level is spread out too much.

I know you like the game, so do I, but if you watch games because of hustle and heart, the WNBA needs customers.

I agree with R on this one. I have been to several bulls games this year and I love watching baseball at every level. However, there is no comparison between the Majors and the college game. It's on a completely different universe.

• Content Count:  387

I love it when Smazza is optimistic!

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Valid points Rankbull, but in R's defense he's one of the guys on this board that actually does go to the games.

I think Smazza is right on with this one.  If you look at my posts from earier in the season, I said it would be great if we win the league, but realisticly we would finish in the top 4 of the league.  While we still have a chance for it, it really appears fifth place is where we'll finish.  Next year look for a push for the Top 2 in league standings.  We only lose Otero, Taborelli, Cardieri, and Higgins.  Losing Otero and Yuri will hurt, but Taborelli and Cardieri should be replaceable considering they really haven't played too much lately.  It will be interesting to see who stays on after year one of the Prado Regime, or if we have some guys transfer out.

• Content Count:  158

I foresee quite a few new faces on the team next year, replacing many from this year.

• Content Count:  12,293

I foresee quite a few new faces on the team next year, replacing many from this year.

sounds like there might be a little problem there.

i guess its just something that happens when a new coaching staff comes in.

• Content Count:  158

Cleaning house is common among new coaches, getting the people they want in there.

• Content Count:  10,219

Since 1990, this is our 14th time reaching the 30 win mark.  Baseball is easily USF's Winningest Sport, I can't believe more people don't get behind this team.

then why was eddie fired?

Archived