Tamplona

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,265
  • Days Won:  29

From a L'ville fan:

[highlight]I really like tamplona. That's a sweet nickname. Much love and props to the conference bretheren for coming up with a spiffy nickname.[/highlight]

That being said, OUr defense has improved as well this season, so unless your defense is getting alot of turnovers and turning them into TDs on runbacks, (It happened in 2005 so I'm not discounting it, but I don't think it's happening two straight times down there) your offense is going to have to generate some sort of production, and I just don't see it happening this season.

[highlight]Again, much love for the Tamplona thing,[/highlight] but ya'll are going down this season.

I know most on here don't like it, but I sure do  8-)

:GoBulls

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I like the Tamplona nickname as well, but if i live in tamplona, does that make me a tampon?

No ... it makes you a BULL  8-)

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Indeed I like it too

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I have always like the Tamplona!

Hopefully someone in the media will work it into their column/report and the name will start to catch on.

This board has been the source of a few knicknames that have caught on:

"The Garage"

I think SoCalBull coined this term for the Tinmen's arena. It dies this year as the Bucketheads are getting new digs, but it was funny to see read UCiFers regularly refer to their crib as "The Garage".

"UCiF Tinmen"

Coined by yours truly. Funny to see Louisville, Syracuse and Cincy fans on the BigEast board recently refer to the Gnats as Tinmen and UCiF.

"got BCS? or derivations thereof"

If USF fans answered every Tinmen post with "got BCS?" the world would be a much quieter and better place as we put the Tinmen in their place. It absolutely kills them that they have no answer other than a vacant stare as they try to think of a suitable comeback.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

ET, I think I coined that phrase, didn't I?  I kind of said it in passing, but you really liked it and started using it last year.  

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Good try, but this wasn't the first thread about the name, Tamplona.  I referenced it in another thread.  It was about the same time period though, if you want to research it.  ET will be able to recall if he came up with it or if I did.  Not that its a big deal or anything, but I somewhat recall typing it in and him liking it.

I have always like the Tamplona!

Hopefully someone in the media will work it into their column/report and the name will start to catch on.

This board has been the source of a few knicknames that have caught on:

And I would like to see it on the Big Screen at Leavitt Field ... "Welcome to Tamplona" or billboards on the Interstates heading into Tamplona.

I personally plan to "market" it more this season.

I will try to find that original post . . . don't remember to be honest, except that I loved it  8-)

And I do take credit for the mention of USF using the intro we now use. Although I wanted a stampeding BULL running over the actual team mascots.

:GoBulls

• Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Good try, but this wasn't the first thread about the name, Tamplona.  I referenced it in another thread.  It was about the same time period though, if you want to research it.  ET will be able to recall if he came up with it or if I did.  Not that its a big deal or anything, but I somewhat recall typing it in and him liking it.

If you did, my mistake... I know that I came up with it on my own, but that doesn't mean you didn't as well. I just recalled the post referenced as E.T. thinking it was cool...

Archived