Reggie Hanson - New Assistant Hoops Coach

ronburgandy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

kentucky does give you a good reputation, but I hope this isnt the guy who deccided to pass on Corey Brewer with tubby Smith.  

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BasketBull.

Kentucky bball bloodline is what we need around here. So far we have Arkansas, and now we get KU... No complaints here.

I'm giddy as to what's going to become of USF men's bball in three years' time.  8-)

mbb_2006mug_hanson.jpg

Reggie Hanson's Bio

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Hanson is good guy, a class act.  Great Hire for USF, Hanson has alot of contacts that will help with recruiting.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Kentucky bball bloodline is what we need around here. So far we have Arkansas, and now we get KU... No complaints here.

I'm giddy as to what's going to become of USF men's bball in three years' time.  8-)

mbb_2006mug_hanson.jpg

Reggie Hanson's Bio

careful Basketbull. It's UK not KU. Kansas and Kentucky fans might take offense. Just like most of us do when people call us SFU.

Not sure about this guy yet. If he was such a great recruiter and great guy, why didn't Tubby take him with him?

Not sure he is thrilled to be in the position he is in. He knows it's a step back. Hope he is willing to work hard.

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

solid hire

we need more scholies to bring in top recruits

Not sure about this guy yet. If he was such a great recruiter and great guy, why didn't Tubby take him with him?
 Who is to say that he wasn't ask by Tubby to go to Minnesota and that he didn't want to go there.  Tubby had the final say on recruits coming in and perhaps Hanson was getting fustrated that Tubby was not acting on his recommendations.  Case in in point, Hanson recruited Lofton (UT) and Brewer (UF) and Tubby said no on both of them. ;)

Who is to say that he wasn't ask by Tubby to go to Minnesota and that he didn't want to go there.  Tubby had the final say on recruits coming in and perhaps Hanson was getting fustrated that Tubby was not acting on his recommendations.  Case in in point, Hanson recruited Lofton (UT) and Brewer (UF) and Tubby said no on both of them. ;)

I guess that could be the case but Lofton and Brewer wanted to play for Kentucky since they were kids so recruiting them would have been easy. Suppose he was the one to talk Tubby out of taking them for 2 others he recruited? Maybe that's why Tubby didn't bring him along. Why didn't Gillespie keep him on at Kentucky?

Check out this guys blog on how poorly recruiting efforts were at Kentucky. He basically says Hanson wasn't doing his job properly. I hope he comes in here and hits the ground running but I'll wait to judge the hire on who he can bring in before I say it's a great hire.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=1103

The more I read about this guy the less I like the hire. He was more of a cause of Tubby's problems than he was a solution to them. Recruiting and Tubby's loyalty to his assistants were the reasons he was going to be fired.

I would have liked to have seen a guy who has high school basketball connections in Florida get the job. Maybe a young up and comer who has a coaching pedigree. Someone like Kohn with the energy to recruit and the love for USF basketball.

Bull94

Suppose he was the one to talk Tubby out of taking them for 2 others he recruited? Maybe that's why Tubby didn't bring him along. Why didn't Gillespie keep him on at Kentucky?
 Tubby didn't take Lofton and Brewer b/c HE (Tubby) didn't think they could play in the SEC.  Typically, a new head coach such as Bill G at UK, the new coach prefers to bring in "his guys" to fill out the staff, much like Coach Heath.  Lastly, I wouldn't put much faith into the blog link you posted, you may want to check out the articles and blogs done by Jerry Tipton of the Lexington Herald Leader who has been covering the Cats for several years for expert analysis on UK Basketball.

Bull94
Suppose he was the one to talk Tubby out of taking them for 2 others he recruited? Maybe that's why Tubby didn't bring him along. Why didn't Gillespie keep him on at Kentucky?
 Tubby didn't take Lofton and Brewer b/c HE (Tubby) didn't think they could play in the SEC.  Typically, a new head coach such as Bill G at UK, the new coach prefers to bring in "his guys" to fill out the staff, much like Coach Heath.  Lastly, I wouldn't put much faith into the blog link you posted, you may want to check out the articles and blogs done by Jerry Tipton of the Lexington Herald Leader who has been covering the Cats for several years for expert analysis on UK Basketball.

Kentucky sports radio can't have a valid opinion? What good does Jerry Tipton have to say about Hanson? I'd like to read it. Please post.

Why didn't Pelphrey snatch him up if he was such a great SEC recruiter? he played with him at UK. And if a new head coach wants to bring in "his" guys then I ask why didn't Tubby bring even one assistant with him to Minn? Because they were the cause of his undoing. Google Hanson's name and show me one positive article concerning him and recruiting. Many national publications talk about the lack of recruiting efforts by Kentucky and his direct involvement in them.

He had a job where bringing in a big recruit would be like fishing at an aquarium. He didn't get the job done there. What makes you believe he can fish any better in the desert?

Archived