Here is what I don't get!

ProfessaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

....but the question remains, outside of USF fans, why is that worthy of any news? Reporters get paid to sell their media.  Because we may have a chance to compete isn't interesting?  What would you write about that is compelling to a national audience and be able to be credible?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

It is also a job for a reporter to make advances in his career, make himself look knowledge-a-BULL ;), and put his neck out there for the BIG story.

Our entire existance as a program is newsworthy, especially RIGHT NOW, because we have the potential to do something that is HUGE. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but that's ok because NO ONE is talking about it.

Here is a story for you, what if we go undeafeted this year? Maybe us another team and a 1 loss team, won't this cause a BCS nightmare? I mean who will really want a 10 yr program playing for a NC? Think about it, couldn't this happen? Being as unbiased as I can be if we beat Auburn I think we could very well go undeafeted. What will they write about then?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It seems that people think I'm not being a realist. However, we have a  very REALISTIC shot of winning the BE this year. It is Just as realistic, if not more than RICE, WVU, PITT & Lou's chances. SO WHY ISN"T THAT BEING TALKED ABOUT!

Do you guys honestly think that we won't make a strong push for a BE title this year? Hell we almost did it with Julmiste at the helm. Find me the one guy in the media that has put out the article, "Bulls will win the BE this year and here is why..."

Find that article and I'll shut-up

Yes we have a shot but i think we have alot more question marks than the teams that are commonly mentioned in the BE title discussions.  We can win the BE if the following things happen.

A RB or RB's give us a legitimate ground threat other than MG

MG drastically lowers his TD-INT ratio

The offensive line shows vast improvement

We replace two of our best defenders that graduated

The kicking game shows worlds of improvement (this killed us last year big time)

We dont have the annual losing to a team we should be by 2 scores thing happen

now compare that to teams like UL, WVU, who really only have to play as good as they did last year (yes WVU can beat us the way they played last year we got ALOT of lucky breaks in that game) to win the conference.  Both teams return ATLEAST 1 legitimate heisman contender (wvu has 2).  Rugters does have some questions when it comes to their defense no doubt but they have a legitimate heisman contender in Rice,m teel showe vast improvement at the end of the year, and were a feel good story which is why they are getting the play they are.  We have alot of IF's and we are depending on some  new players in some very key spots for us.  Yes we do have a shot at winning the BE but thats if we come out and alot of things work out for us.  The other teams that were mentioned just have to match the quality of play they had last year and they will have a legitimate shot.  You dont earn respect by having the seaon we had last year with 2 let down games (one of which we got blown out), i win that will look fluky to outside observers, and a win in a bottom tier bowl.  This is one of the biggest beef i have with some parts of our fan base they demand respect without us doing anything to really earn it.  Besides why get riled up about not getting preseason props it means nothing. Remember how much love UCF was getting before the season actually started last year and look where that got them.  Wins and proving it one the field>>>>>>hype

• Content Count:  642

It seems that people think I'm not being a realist. However, we have a  very REALISTIC shot of winning the BE this year. It is Just as realistic, if not more than RICE, WVU, PITT & Lou's chances. SO WHY ISN"T THAT BEING TALKED ABOUT!

Do you guys honestly think that we won't make a strong push for a BE title this year? Hell we almost did it with Julmiste at the helm. Find me the one guy in the media that has put out the article, "Bulls will win the BE this year and here is why..."

Find that article and I'll shut-up

Yes we have a shot but i think we have alot more question marks than the teams that are commonly mentioned in the BE title discussions.  We can win the BE if the following things happen.

A RB or RB's give us a legitimate ground threat other than MG

MG drastically lowers his TD-INT ratio

The offensive line shows vast improvement

We replace two of our best defenders that graduated

The kicking game shows worlds of improvement (this killed us last year big time)

We dont have the annual losing to a team we should be by 2 scores thing happen

now compare that to teams like UL, WVU, who really only have to play as good as they did last year (yes WVU can beat us the way they played last year we got ALOT of lucky breaks in that game) to win the conference.  Both teams return ATLEAST 1 legitimate heisman contender (wvu has 2).  Rugters does have some questions when it comes to their defense no doubt but they have a legitimate heisman contender in Rice,m teel showe vast improvement at the end of the year, and were a feel good story which is why they are getting the play they are.  We have alot of IF's and we are depending on some  new players in some very key spots for us.  Yes we do have a shot at winning the BE but thats if we come out and alot of things work out for us.  The other teams that were mentioned just have to match the quality of play they had last year and they will have a legitimate shot.  You dont earn respect by having the seaon we had last year with 2 let down games (one of which we got blown out), i win that will look fluky to outside observers, and a win in a bottom tier bowl.  This is one of the biggest beef i have with some parts of our fan base they demand respect without us doing anything to really earn it.  Besides why get riled up about not getting preseason props it means nothing. Remember how much love UCF was getting before the season actually started last year and look where that got them.  [highlight]Wins and proving it one the field>>>>>>hype

[/highlight]

True

• Content Count:  12,293

makes you kinda wish that we didnt play so many of our tough teams right at the start of the season so we could get a nice 5-0 or 6-0 start.  and really get our name out there.

they've also got Grothe in the top heisman list filled with a bunch of names of guys who are now in the NFL

http://nationalchamps.net/2007/earlybird/topplayers/index.htm

i think by judging from where they have USF ranked, and Grothe ranked....my vote is for that they are afraid to make a bold predicition.

by putting us in the last spot they are saying "hey, this is a very good team and if they play like they are capable they could be really special, but i dont want to be the only one going out on a limb for them.  however, if they do what i think they can atleast i can say i had them in my presseason top 25"

• Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

I think Bulldozer signed my post.

How many games did MG leave last year?

How well protected will he be this year?

Don't get me wrong, I think we have the POTENTIAL to be pretty special, I just don't think there is any margin for error.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  58

Did JimUSFsig actually state we got lucky at West Virginia?  Lucky?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

Did JimUSFsig actually state we got lucky at West Virginia?  Lucky?

Not that I saw in his last post. Maybe if you would use the Quote button, you could show us where he said that.

Archived