South Florida Football Guide

Guest Ryan_Hamilton

Guest Ryan_Hamilton

I really dont care how you feel ProudBull because I have a lot of people in the sports world that respect what I do.

So read it if you want but if you dont like what I write dont start smack talking me because I dont need to here your sh**. Like I said before a lot of people respect what I write about for the University of South Florida.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt arguing with someone is going gain that respect.  You get props for having the blog, but along with any props you get, you will also have to take some constructive criticism.   Your blog is a good start, but the advice you get on here will make it much better.

Guest Ryan_Hamilton

Advice? All you'll are doing on this message board is talking about how USF gets no press and I have it for you but you'll want every single detail in my blog your way.

Im not going to put everything you'll say in my blog, thanks for your "advice" but it definetly so far hasn't been good advice.

• Content Count:  3,574

Give the guy the necessary feedback to improve his blog.  Perhaps with some improvement, it can be a productive tool for turning more people on to the Bulls.

Well said.

• Content Count:  3,574

Advice? All you'll are doing on this message board is talking about how USF gets no press and I have it for you but you'll want every single detail in my blog your way.

Im not going to put everything you'll say in my blog, thanks for your "advice" but it definetly so far hasn't been good advice.

Ryan... here is the deal.

The folks that post here already know about the stuff that you post on your blog.

I think your blog is ideal for casual USF fans, but not for hardcore fans (like the majority on here).

I recommend looking at the blogs from Greg and Brett and offer your own style.  They offer great info about "USF sports/University of South Florida sports."  They write things that happen instantly and not on things that happened 4 weeks ago.

I would start by changing the "South Florida's Number 1 Sporting Blog" from the top.

I would recommend USF or University of South Florida.  We're tired of explaining why our school is called South Florida.  Then I would take out "Number 1 Sporting Blog" out because, well, it's not RIGHT now.

Your blog has potential, but PLEASE get rid of the robo goat/bull/WTF is that.

I'll add more later, but this should be a good start.

• Content Count:  385

I really dont care how you feel ProudBull because I have a lot of people in the sports world that respect what I do.

So read it if you want but if you dont like what I write dont start smack talking me because I dont need to here your sh**. Like I said before a lot of people respect what I write about for the University of South Florida.

Look I admit that I was harsh, but what do you expect me to say when you claim to be the "#1 source for South Florida sports" when your coverage is far from the best.  I'm glad there are a lot of people who respect what you do and I respect you for even writing about USF.   However, I do have some advice and please note that I am not trying to offend you in any way with this post, but I will point out some flaws:

a. take this thread to mean that there is a very lively, defensive, and strong fan base for USF. We are for the most part, USF's biggest fans, so when we are upset that something is not up to standards for our school it should tell you something.  We are the crazy people who write on this board at work, just so we can get our fill of USF news, which I assume is excatly what you want for your blog.

b. "hear" not "here"

c. professional writers who are respected do not phrases like, "I don't care what you say" and "I don't need to hear your sh**" because it makes them sound immature.

d. When you do take your frustration out, take it out on the right people.  I wasn't the only one making comments on the board.  

e. please get rid of the robo-bull logo, it has become border-line offensive

f. Putting a picture of our rival's QB in place of our star LB is again offensive

g. You do need to hear my sh** and everyone elses sh** for that matter because that is what makes you a better writer and journalist.  Again you should be happy that people get worked up over this because it means that you have a fan base that is passionate about thier team and therefore will blog about it(I'm example #1).  

Hope that helps  

• Content Count:  385

Guess I didn't scroll down far enough. So some more advice.

a. a good majority of what we do one this message board is not talking about the lack of press.  Yes we complain, but I am sure that you will find many more posts on the OCS and/or anything football than you will about how we get no press.  Overgeneralizations are bad.

b. no we don't want every single detail in your blog our way (I don't we could agree), we just want it to accuratly reflect our team and we want a good source to get our news and talk about USF.

c. I am sure those people who respect you will tell you that you really shouldn't be condescending and out right rude(see my last post) when talking to the very people who you want to read your blog.  Our "advice", although not written in the most flattering way, was still what we thought was wrong with your blog and yes things can be wrong with your blog.  So, yes in some ways it was "good" advice..maybe not how you thought it was going to come, but "advice" nonetheless.

Guest BasketBull.

Ryan, as someone who had visited your blog and then eventually made a post about it on this board, I feel partly responsible for the negativity that has been dumped upon you.

Dude, you're one of the few posters on here who is actually making money writing about Bulls' sports. Enough said.

As for the opinions, have some tough skin. A message board is like the flea market; there's a lot of garbage with some good stuff hidden among everything.

Good luck to you and your blog!

Ya know, we're not asking for every single detail to be our way... but there are some rather BIG items that should be corrected.

Perhaps you don't realize that USF prefers "University of" when referring to their athletic programs.  For example, when a local apparel store wanted to sell a t-shirt that said "South Florida Athletics" the University denied them - because it did not say "University of"...

Perhaps you should read the official media relations publication on identity_standards (which shows the correct logos, too).

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/ur/identity_standards.pdf

Finally, insulting people who could not only be avid readers - but could help draw more traffic to you - is probably not the best way to be successful.

Guest Ryan_Hamilton

Im not insulting anyone all Im saying is that when I write a topic you want every detail your way, well at least some of you on here want that.

Archived