• Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  0

St. Pete linebacker commits to Bulls

Greg is on Fire. Check out his blog.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400

St. Petersburg Northeast's Armando Sanchez has only been a starting linebacker for one season

Sanchez, who had scholarship offers from Florida Atlantic and Illinois State, earned second-team all-county honors from the Times last fall

No offense to this kid, but these accolades aren't anything to warrant him being a "stud".  I kinda hoped our coaching staff would burn a scholarship on a kid who has started at least more than 1 season.

• Content Count:  254

St. Petersburg Northeast's Armando Sanchez has only been a starting linebacker for one season

Sanchez, who had scholarship offers from Florida Atlantic and Illinois State, earned second-team all-county honors from the Times last fall

No offense to this kid, but these accolades aren't anything to warrant him being a "stud".  I kinda hoped our coaching staff would burn a scholarship on a kid who has started at least more than 1 season.

9 months before LOI day so I would not jump to the conclusion that he will not be a great signing.  He still has his senior season to build up his reputation.   I also agree that we should not post premium info from either Scout or Rivals.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,305
  • Days Won:  490

We prohibit posting "premium material" from any pay site.  We also prohibit linking back to paid sites where the link follower would have to sign up to get the info.  Most people know there are premium sites and regular sites and what the difference is - this was probably an honest mistake.  

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah....I am sure you thought  George Selvie was a waste of a scholarship as well  ::) ::)

How long is it going to take for USF fans to trust Leavitt's ability to evaluate talent.

Good grief....

• Content Count:  400

How long is it going to take for USF fans to trust Leavitt's ability to evaluate talent.

Good grief....

Maybe when we stop losing to teams like Kansas.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,801
  • Days Won:  213

Good grief....

Maybe when we stop losing to teams like Kansas.

nice attitude

let's mention losing to Army while we are at it

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

More on Sanchez and other players from Northeast

Tampa Bay seems to "grow" football players.  Are any of these calves going to be Bulls?????

St. Pete school has several prospects  

By JC Shurburtt, Recruiting Analyst – Rivals.com

Saint Petersburg (Fla.) Northeast is home to several Class of 2008 prospects that have a chance to sign Division I-A scholarships when the time comes next year.

Linebacker Armando Sanchez was an All-Pinellas County selection as a junior.

"He's a stud," Assistant coach Ken Crawford, who handles recruiting for Northeast High School, said. "He led the team with 122 tackles and can run. He's a big kid and plays both ways at middle linebacker and quarterback. He doesn't come off the field and can run."

The 6-foot, 218-pounder currently has interest from South Florida, Stanford, Duke, Wake Forest, Central Florida and North Carolina State.

Running back Jeff Brinson is another Division I-A prospect at Northeast. The 5-foot-11, 203-pounder has totaled more than 2,500 yards during the past two seasons.

"He's a workhorse," Crawford said. "He doesn't get tackled. Like Armando, he's a weight room freak. He's also a good student with a 3.0 grade point average."

Brinson has a bench press max of 305 pounds, Sanchez 345.

South Florida, Central Florida, Ole Miss, North Carolina State, Iowa and Iowa State have expressed interest in Brinson.

Javontae Boyd is an intriguing prospect. He's a 6-foot-3, 290-pound defensive tackle/tight end with good athleticism.

"He's the starting center on the basketball team, he makes tons of plays (in football) and moves well sideline to sideline," Crawford said.  

Kansas State, Iowa State, Central Florida and South Florida are among the programs showing early interest in Boyd, who will attend the Rivals.com Junior Day in Clearwater, Fla., next weekend.

Other potential Division I-A prospects at Northeast for 2008 include defensive lineman Pat Hanley. The 5-foot-11, 225-pounder likely won't go Division I-A at the position he plays now, but is athletic and versatile enough to play fullback in college.

"People just have to see how hard he plays and how nasty he is," Crawford said.

Outside linebacker Edwin Mercedes, linebacker Yoser Pachelo and defensive lineman Mike Flowers are three other college prospects in this year's Northeast class.

For the Class of 2009, running back/cornerback Juarez Wynn and offensive lineman Jimmie Bush could emerge.

http://p11.sports.scd.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=rivals-98060&prov=rivals& ;type=story_recruiting

• Content Count:  765

In "the Jim" we trust.   If CJL thinks the guy merits an offer I'm excited to see him come on board.   Sounds like the kid has his grades in order too, since he has had interest from schools like Duke.    The kid plays QB and Linebacker and hits like Lynch...   sounds like a stud to me.   ;)

• Content Count:  387

Not only does Leavett know talent, he gets talent. Anyone who can get seven future NFL players to USF in the early years is something special. We are very lucky!

Archived