usf vs nd

tampaboi07

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Back in the 1940s ND football almost went broke.  Navy saved the team, so ND will always play Navy as long as Navy wants too.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  808

Can someone explain to us younger folks what exactly the allure is with Notre Dame? I didnt start watching football till high school (mid-late 90s), and I dont recall ever seeing anything special about them. They might as well be a WAC team as far as Im concerned.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Can someone explain to us younger folks what exactly the allure is with Notre Dame? I didnt start watching football till high school (mid-late 90s), and I dont recall ever seeing anything special about them. They might as well be a WAC team as far as Im concerned.

For some unfathomable reason Notre Dame is the media darling.  They have some long term contract with (I believe) NBC to air their games.  

I happen to agree with you though, I don't see them as being as tough as WVU, UL or even Rutgers.  I think it would be a good game, but I like our chances, at least at this point in time with Grothe at the helm and our RB corps looking as good as they do.

• Content Count:  172

I could not care less about playing ND. I HATE ND. I HATE that they are in our conference, for any sport. Playing ND does nothing for us. We lose and its a negative for us. We win and it means nothing. Wins need to matter in helping recruiting. We do not recruit against ND. We need to concentrate on playing and beating SEC, ACC, and BE teams, that recruit our state heavily.

...and again, I HATE ND. Sorry to be negative. Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

A win over Notre Dame would mean nothing?  The program would get instant exposure and national credibility.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They were the 1st football team to market themselves, they got the best players, played the best teams, and were on TV back when football on TV was rare. Many Catholics picked up the team and well to this day ND = TV ratings.

• Content Count:  1,981

Can someone explain to us younger folks what exactly the allure is with Notre Dame?

I think the movie Rudy helped garner more fans from younger generations. I would have played for them just 'cause of that movie! But of course now I hate them for all this special treatment they get.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,801
  • Days Won:  213

ND can suck it

Why any Bull fan is surprised that some other team has fans that doubt USF is beyond me. Have you not been paying attention since, oh I don't know, 1997? Same tune every time we are talked about by **** near everyone.

that changes sometimes once we throttle them. ECU being the exception of course.

• Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

Notre Dame, the football team, could be the root of all evil! :D ;D

• Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

Funny guy, pfriday.  Some moron mocking my "regional state school" education.  Who wants to bet his connection with Notre Dame is that he is the assistant latrine cleaner at the university.

Archived