Happy Cinco De Mayo

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Now that we got that out of the way, boy our baseball team got pounded tonight.  Every ball hit by GT was hit hard.  It was rough.  Otero needs to mix up his pitches more, because everything looked to be the same speed all night long.  Not only that, but I counted four hits that were pounded on an 0-2 count.  How about wasting a pitch or two??

Thank God I was in the pavillion tonight and drinking cold beer, because it was bad.  Surprisingly, our defense played pretty well.  Aside from Cleveland not wearing his shades on one chopper that was misplayed , and one dropped throw by Addy on a steal (which he would have been dead), the D played really good.  What a difference our team is without Diaz or Butler.  Consolmagno was the only player that played with any intensity tonight.  He would have had two triples if not the second ball got over the fence tonight.  Great game by him tonight.  

Hopefully, our team finds how to win again before the end of the year.  At this point it remains to be seen if it will happen.  Ever since the Villanova series we've played bad baseball.  We'll be lucky to make the Big East Tourney as an 8 seed.  I know it sounds rough, but its the truth.  

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

joe..it was actually seis de mayo when you posted this.

but that whole comment about drinking beer all night probably explains that.

how do i get an invite to the pavillion?

Rezz, its all who you know........actually this past weekend my Church's Men's Club 'rented' out the pavillion.  One of the guys at our church is related to Coach Prado and Tino somewhere down the line, so we've been supporting the baseball team all year.  Prior to the season Prado and Tino both spoke at seperate Men's Club meetings, while some of the pitchers came out to St. Tim's for a pig roast.  

You could have just strolled in though, we didn't have anyone guarding the doorway to the pavillion.  Eric S. normally works the Bulls Club gate though when they have functions (they were down the right field line on Saturday).

• Content Count:  828

Rezz, its all who you know........actually this past weekend my Church's Men's Club 'rented' out the pavillion.  One of the guys at our church is related to Coach Prado and Tino somewhere down the line, so we've been supporting the baseball team all year.  Prior to the season Prado and Tino both spoke at seperate Men's Club meetings, while some of the pitchers came out to St. Tim's for a pig roast.  

You could have just strolled in though, we didn't have anyone guarding the doorway to the pavillion.  Eric S. normally works the Bulls Club gate though when they have functions (they were down the right field line on Saturday).

Yes we were down the right field line on Sat. Class set-up with all the Mexican flare. Coronas, fajitas and a great time.

Thanks again to Vicki Mitchel for an awesome job!

By the way, I saw another drawing of the field of the future.  It was in a packet that was left in our pavillion by Vicki.  I think the packet was intended for high donors or maybe just donors in general.  It showed the two standard pictures that are in the media guide (one from CF looking towards home, and the other from the outside looking at the stadium towards home).  This one appeared to have a building down the left field line matching the facade of the Athletics Building.  I assume that its a locker room for the baseball team.  Behind the left field fence was a batting cage.

• Content Count:  828

By the way, I saw another drawing of the field of the future.  It was in a packet that was left in our pavillion by Vicki.  I think the packet was intended for high donors or maybe just donors in general.  It showed the two standard pictures that are in the media guide (one from CF looking towards home, and the other from the outside looking at the stadium towards home).  This one appeared to have a building down the left field line matching the facade of the Athletics Building.  I assume that its a locker room for the baseball team.  Behind the left field fence was a batting cage.

Correct. It was a pretty sweet rendering. That building will be locker room and offices. Can't wait till they get this finalized and it becomes a reality!!!!

• Content Count:  269

Thanks to you, BHB, and others who joined us Saturday night.  It's been great to see so many of you become regulars at these games.  Your attendance, and groups like St. Tim's hosting parties at the games, is a great boost to players, recruiting, alumni involvement, and fund raising.  While the team has struggled a bit late in the season, I think we all sense that something special is happening with this program.

Rezz, the Pavilion is available for groups, it's just a matter of getting on the schedule early.  The Bulls Club hosted a couple of parties there early on in the season, and it caught on.  I would be remiss, by the way, if I didn't thank J.O. Delotto & Sons, CGM Services, Craig & Priscilla Trace, Cura Sod, and many others for making the renovations to the stadium that made partying in the pavilion worthwhile (not to mention addressing our many dugout issues).  Look for their names on the sign inside the gate and be sure to thank them when and if you see them around town.

Thanks again, and GO BULLS!!!

Archived