For those that enjoy bashing our football OOC

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

There are only a few excuses that can account for Elon being on the schedule.  None of them are totally acceptable with maybe the exception of the lack of tradition to lure another traditional football school to visit Tampa.  I takes $ to bring teams to your/our house.  It takes an older richer alums and a large fan base to fill the cash coffers.  USF will be working on that for another 30-35 yrs unless there is an abundancy of first round NFLers to pass through Leavitt's training facility in the next decade ie U of M.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

One day once the conferences have settled we will start playing another conference I imagine in a 1 and 1 scenario. The BE has to do something to get some more games going. The ACC would be a natural fit as far as location and history.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

Guess I don't see why our schedule would need any help... we play 12 games, four of them will be against likely ranked teams (WVU, Auburn, Rutgers, and UofL).  Only 3 of them against non-BCS teams (ELON, FAU, and UCF).  

Exactly.  When one-third of your schedule is against top15 teams, how can anyone discredit it?  It's nit-picking at its worst.

[highlight]when you lose 2/3 of those games you need to beat  a ranked OOC team[/highlight]

SO what's this have to do with your original arguement ?  ::)

Anyone saying this is a weak schedule, needs to see reality. Granted, it may not be a the 25th hardest. BUT,

could very well be the toughest in the BE.

Go BULLS !!!

Archived