For those that enjoy bashing our football OOC

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The Cornhuskers finalized their 2008 and 2009 schedules with the addition of five nonconference home games.

The 2008 opponents are San Jose State, New Mexico State and Western Michigan.

Nebraska added Louisiana-Lafayette and Arkansas State in 2009.

here we go again

usf doesnt have tradition of nebraska

usf doesnt play as many good conference teams as nebraska

usf needs the publicity and respect

to get that,usf needs to go on road and beat a top 20 ooc team

usf has chose to go kansas state route by playing an easy ooc

USF does need pub and respect.  But the Big 12 North is worse than the BE.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

i agree with smazza... ya i said it

blah blah blah

i would rather win 10 games a year with a shot at being undefeated EVERY year, rankings will come.

than have a boom or bust schedule with 4-5 poss OCC losses

NOW after 3-5 years of rankings then increase the difficulty of the scedule to move higher in the rankings...JL and USF have struck IMO the right (perfect) balance as the baby has grown to a teenager, as the program grows to MANHOOD we will get a manlike schedule. Lets not forget the BE is growing up as well and may become a tough enough conference that a moderate OCC is all that will be need to make us "legit". 5 years from now if the BE maintains the level of success of 2006 (OCC record/bowl wins/ BCS wins) and also adds players to the NFL,  then the conference would be looked at differently than it is today.

I would rather be relevent every year than be UCiF

so sit back and enjoy the ride  :);) ;D

• Content Count:  12,293

why even bring this up?

comparing weaker schedules doesnt make ours any better.  we know ours needs work.  nebraska doesnt need to prove themselves.  they also have the luxury of the big 12 title game in seasons that they are going to the big game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

why even bring this up?

Because it's the dead season on this board and I want to keep conversation with my Bull Brothers and Sisters ... hence your comments below:

:2cents

comparing weaker schedules doesnt make ours any better.  we know ours needs work.  nebraska doesnt need to prove themselves.  they also have the luxury of the big 12 title game in seasons that they are going to the big game.

And didn't imply that ours was better, although it probably is. The point is that they COULD play anyone they wanted, but choose to play teams that we could sign almost as easily.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Guess I don't see why our schedule would need any help... we play 12 games, four of them will be against likely ranked teams (WVU, Auburn, Rutgers, and UofL).  Only 3 of them against non-BCS teams (ELON, FAU, and UCF).  

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

And didn't imply that ours was better, although it probably is. The point is that they COULD play anyone they wanted, but choose to play teams that we could sign almost as easily.

I dunno about just as easily. We cannot offer the payday Nebraska offers, in turn we've had to give 2 for 1s to get these games lined up.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Our OOC isn't too bad next year, is it?

• Content Count:  549

Guess I don't see why our schedule would need any help... we play 12 games, four of them will be against likely ranked teams (WVU, Auburn, Rutgers, and UofL).  Only 3 of them against non-BCS teams (ELON, FAU, and UCF).  

Exactly.  When one-third of your schedule is against top15 teams, how can anyone discredit it?  It's nit-picking at its worst.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

i agree with smazza... ya i said it

blah blah blah

i would rather win 10 games a year with a shot at being undefeated EVERY year, rankings will come.

than have a boom or bust schedule with 4-5 poss OCC losses

NOW after 3-5 years of rankings then increase the difficulty of the scedule to move higher in the rankings...JL and USF have struck IMO the right (perfect) balance as the baby has grown to a teenager, as the program grows to MANHOOD we will get a manlike schedule. Lets not forget the BE is growing up as well and may become a tough enough conference that a moderate OCC is all that will be need to make us "legit". 5 years from now if the BE maintains the level of success of 2006 (OCC record/bowl wins/ BCS wins) and also adds players to the NFL,  then the conference would be looked at differently than it is today.

I would rather be relevent every year than be UCiF

so sit back and enjoy the ride  :);) ;D

you will not be relevant playing the schedule usf plays

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Exactly.  When one-third of your schedule is against top15 teams, how can anyone discredit it?  It's nit-picking at its worst.

when you lose 2/3 of those games you need to beat  a ranked OOC team

Archived