Thoes going to Auburn

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  478
  • Days Won:  0

Seriously what are you going to do to stop them besides give them a tongue lashing?  You could try to rip up their signs - but then you would risk intervention by the friendly Alabama police or risk getting in a fight. In B'Ham i walked back to the bus with the UBOT chief of staff and several other university administrators. we saw a lot of drunk belligerent undergrads and even THEY couldn't really do anything. I just think we need to lead by example.  

And I know most of ya'll don't like dressing up for these things - but sometimes a change of dress code brings a change in attitude. not always of course, but sometimes.  I think we can all agree that those shirts on those men (and again i use the term men very loosely) were completely tasteless. Maybe if some of our undergrads and adult alums dressed with a little more class - they would act accordingly. Then again, maybe not. I've seen a lot of drunk belligerent dressed p men and women at college formals and formal events attended as an adult.

Can we enforce a rule or something that says you cant say F*CK on a t-shirt? That could help matters..I wonder if any other universities have similar rules...We could be the first university to legislate decorum - might be a good PR move. then again - it might make us look like uber controlling, anti-freedom-of-expression fanatics. I dunno. I haven't slept in 22 hours. I don't even know if I am making sense. again, i really hate my job right now.  >:(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  928

Seriously what are you going to do to stop them besides give them a tongue lashing?  You could try to rip up their signs - but then you would risk intervention by the friendly Alabama police or risk getting in a fight. In B'Ham i walked back to the bus with the UBOT chief of staff and several other university administrators. we saw a lot of drunk belligerent undergrads and even THEY couldn't really do anything. I just think we need to lead by example.  

And I know most of ya'll don't like dressing up for these things - but sometimes a change of dress code brings a change in attitude. not always of course, but sometimes.  I think we can all agree that those shirts on those men (and again i use the term men very loosely) were completely tasteless. Maybe if some of our undergrads and adult alums dressed with a little more class - they would act accordingly. Then again, maybe not. I've seen a lot of drunk belligerent dressed p men and women at college formals and formal events attended as an adult.

Can we enforce a rule or something that says you cant say F*CK on a t-shirt? That could help matters..I wonder if any other universities have similar rules...We could be the first university to legislate decorum - might be a good PR move. then again - it might make us look like uber controlling, anti-freedom-of-expression fanatics. I dunno. I haven't slept in 22 hours. I don't even know if I am making sense. again, i really hate my job right now.  >:(

At least they were green  :D:P

Seriously if all the students would just join the SBC and wear the away shirt they give your for FREE, it would solve the problem. Although I do agree that ECU ate some major poop... ;D

Funny, witty, shirts are great but classless shirts give everyone a bad name.

Look for my shirt I'll be wearing at the UCF game..."HONK IF YOU BEAT UCF"

*Honk* *Honk*

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I say do it with tact, dignity for yourself, keep it clean around kids...other than that....make it happen and have fun...... [smiley=toilet_claw.gif] .......

• Content Count:  115

Seriously this may be one of the most ridiculous strings of text I have ever read.  We were ridiculous in Bham, are you kidding me?  How many people that made the trip went to four corners the night before the game? My group did the bbq buffet that Friday night, and after the bbq we went and tipped a few at the bar district up the road.  I went ready for some good old fashioned college banter between the two sides.  Upon arriving at the first bar we were met with just about every negative word in the book from the “Purple Haze.† I had no problem with it as college sports are intended to offer college STUDENTS an outlet.  This continued the entire evening and lit the fuse for the explosion many of the students let loose with on Saturday when our boys put it on ECU.  If you don’t like the ECU mom’s arrrrrggh whores shirt, you seriously need to check yourself, that was hilarious and I personally saw that group of guys taking pictures with many of the ECU faithful who got the joke.  My group of ten will be going into Auburn with the full expectation of making their fans uncomfortable, when you are up against a bully you don’t back down and show respect you stand face to face with them.  If you think Auburns faithful are going to shake our hands and wish us luck you are sadly mistaken.  This is not pee wee football this is Division one college football, Beer and annoying college kids are a part of it, and always will be, stop whining about it and have a good time.  Go Bulls

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

If you think Auburns faithful are going to shake our hands and wish us luck you are sadly mistaken.  

Sounds like you have never been to Auburn with fans who are mature.

• Content Count:  385

Seriously this may be one of the most ridiculous strings of text I have ever read.  We were ridiculous in Bham, are you kidding me?  How many people that made the trip went to four corners the night before the game? My group did the bbq buffet that Friday night, and after the bbq we went and tipped a few at the bar district up the road.  I went ready for some good old fashioned college banter between the two sides.  Upon arriving at the first bar we were met with just about every negative word in the book from the “Purple Haze.† I had no problem with it as college sports are intended to offer college STUDENTS an outlet.  This continued the entire evening and lit the fuse for the explosion many of the students let loose with on Saturday when our boys put it on ECU.  If you don’t like the ECU mom’s arrrrrggh whores shirt, you seriously need to check yourself, that was hilarious and I personally saw that group of guys taking pictures with many of the ECU faithful who got the joke.  My group of ten will be going into Auburn with the full expectation of making their fans uncomfortable, when you are up against a bully you don’t back down and show respect you stand face to face with them.  If you think Auburns faithful are going to shake our hands and wish us luck you are sadly mistaken.  This is not pee wee football this is Division one college football, Beer and annoying college kids are a part of it, and always will be, stop whining about it and have a good time.  Go Bulls

Not that I agree with all that, but that last statement is true.  Every team, every campus, and in every game there are going to be annoying fans and most of the time it is fun, but you have to know when you cross the line.  Shirts that say. F- You on them is crossing the line.  Some of the shirts in that picture were crossing the line.  As for Auburn, most of the fans I have met are "mature", but I have learned that they are all different people when Bama is mentioned

• Content Count:  115

If you think Auburns faithful are going to shake our hands and wish us luck you are sadly mistaken.  

Sounds like you have never been to Auburn with fans who are mature.

How many College students do you know who are "mature" I find that notion to be incredibly ignorant.  College is truly one of the last times kids have to be immature.  The one statement I agree with is that around young kids or older fans you have to exercise a level of respect.  But using that same logic, if you bring a kid or older fans to a tailgate 5 hours before the game, or into the STUDENT section than you are asking to be around that.  This isn’t a church service folks once again it is college football.  

• Content Count:  12

This is college football folks.  The banter and rivalry between the teams is what makes this the greatest sporting event and puts it over the NFL.  I am an alum (working on an MBA), married, employed by a great company, and I always engage in pre and post game banter with the other team.  So if that makes me "immature" then throw me right into that boat.  Some of you seriously need to get a sense of humor.  Once again THIS IS COLLEGE FOOTBALL, maybe some of you would be better suited for going to NFL games where there are a lot of "mature" people who sit on their butts the whole game.  So all I can say is if you dont like rival fans going at it (non physical) then cry me a river because you just dont understand something that makes college football what it is. :'(

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

Every pair of pants has at least one @$$hole in them...  

It's gonna happen no matter where we go. Our side or theirs, I've personally seen or been in "heated discussions" with all kinds of people. (Miami, Alabama, [highlight]ucf[/highlight] etc...)  I could tell you who had the worst fans... But what would that accomplish?  ;)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Okay, so let's excuse away our assh1e fans by saying "It's part of football, LOL!1!!1!"

If there is only one game this year where we need to act civilized, it's Auburn.

Archived