• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

We were golden when I went there. Never bothered me

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  478

well we used to have a group here called the Golden Belles, that would be like tour guides for athletes around campus (they joined up with S.T.A.R.S, which did the tours for the school)

I know - i started them. hence my screen name - are they still around?

• Content Count:  3,103

well we used to have a group here called the Golden Belles, that would be like tour guides for athletes around campus (they joined up with S.T.A.R.S, which did the tours for the school)

I know - i started them. hence my screen name - are they still around?

look at my post again, they joined up with S.T.A.R.S. and Colors (i think is what it was called) all three of the tour guide groups joined together to make one big group, so technically they are not still around since they no longer call themselves the Golden Belles and give tours to anybody now, i believe.

• Content Count:  478

Oh ok - I was asking if they still go by that name. thanks for clearing it up for me. That makes me kinda sad. that was my big contribution while I was in school. Oh well- such is life. Hope you had a good semester.

• Content Count:  3,103

Oh ok - I was asking if they still go by that name. thanks for clearing it up for me. That makes me kinda sad. that was my big contribution while I was in school. Oh well- such is life. Hope you had a good semester.

thanks, did horrible on my exam, but hopefully i still pass the class.

The NCAA actually prohibited them a few years ago thanks to the recruiting scandal at Colorado.  It seems that CU had a group of "tour guides" who provided a lot of horizontal tours for the recruits.

After that, the NCAA said athletic programs could not offer their own tour guides.  Since STARS have been around since the early 1990's, and are for any potential student not just a recruit, that is a legal mechanism to provide campus tours.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Yes, this reporter didn't do his homework regarding our beloved Bulls, but I can't be angry about this reporter making a stupid mistake regardiing the team name.  The point of the story was to indicate that "Snake" is going to get a chance to start.   That is the important thing.  

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Where do they get this crap from?  I graduated in 2003, but have attended USF events (summer camps, basketball game, etc) since 1986 and I don't think we have ever been known as the Golden Bulls.  Am I missing something?

Lazy reporting, it happens all the time when it comes to USF. I've seen mentions of "Southern Florida University", "campus is in Orlando", "lost first game ever 80-3", etc.

usf needs to market team and school

it would help if leavitt would wear school colors and name of school on clothes when interviewed

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

Does Armani make a logoed geen suit?

He'd look like an oversized leprechaun.

Guest 1Bullsfan

I guess he covers ucf as well.  :)

On a different note: sorry it took me so long to reply to some posts.

Archived