This statement got me thinking...

ProfessaBull

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I couldn't care less about the tailgating aspect.

Football is what I care about.

RJS is indeed a top-shelf stadium for an NFL game.

Nothing about it says college football.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

Tailgating SUCKS at RJS too many rules.

Can't toss a football? Stupid.

I'm not doubting BULLfreak but that's the first I've heard of that rule. I've seen plenty of people throwing footballs...just sayin

You've never seen someone break a rule before?  ;)  Just because they weren't caught doesn't mean it is allowed.

You just made me think about all the good times at the RayJay. I've rushed that field every time and never got tazed or gang rapped. If we get an OCS I will sure miss eluding the TSA and TPD :(

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

rjs is a great faciility

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Tailgating SUCKS at RJS too many rules.

Can't toss a football? Stupid.

I'm not doubting BULLfreak but that's the first I've heard of that rule. I've seen plenty of people throwing footballs...just sayin

It is a rule but is sporadically enforced .... As with most rules like that, it boils down to legal responsibility.

[highlight]Nothing about it says college football[/highlight].

Except the two teams playing on the field .... which is all that really matters when it comes to the actual game.

I can understand those with problems with not having the whole supposed weekend experience of going to a college game but once you get inside, FOOTBALL becomes the top priority. Those hung up on the stadium decorations are obviously NOT there for FOOTBALL first.

• Content Count:  928

[highlight]Nothing about it says college football[/highlight].

Except the two teams playing on the field .... which is all that really matters when it comes to the actual game.

I can understand those with problems with not having the whole supposed weekend experience of going to a college game but once you get inside, FOOTBALL becomes the top priority. Those hung up on the stadium decorations are obviously NOT there for FOOTBALL first.

I don't agree. Have you ever played sports? Sure its about the product on the field but sometimes that directly reflects the atmosphere around the field - also know as homefield advantage. How would you feel as a football player to run out of the corridor for the first time before a game to 20,000 seated, clapping fans vs. 45,000 standing, screaming fans? It's all about getting players pumped before the game and keeping pumped through the 4th quarter.

I could care less about a football weekend. I am a student and don't have time to devote 48 hours to USF football, but I would enjoy a package deal or a great on-field product (1st) with green and gold decor (close 2nd) for 4 hours.

• Content Count:  1,757

I think RJS is a great place to tailgate.  I've had a helluva lot of fun tailgating there.  The no throwing the football is a rule, but I've only seen it enforced in areas where cars are still being parked.  I've not had a problem with this once the parking gestapo move on to the next area.  

I think it's a liability issue, no one wants to see little Johnny run headlong into a moving car while focusing on catching a football... that is unless he's from mousetown and wearing black and gold!

I don't agree. Have you ever played sports? Sure its about the product on the field but sometimes that directly reflects the atmosphere around the field - also know as homefield advantage. How would you feel as a football player to run out of the corridor for the first time before a game to 20,000 seated, clapping fans vs. 45,000 standing, screaming fans? It's all about getting players pumped before the game and keeping pumped through the 4th quarter.

Can't disagree with a thing you said .... but that has nothing to do with the color of the stadium. People don't get pumped because of the colr of the seats they're sitting on, they get pumped with the passion for their team ... on the field. You've seen the passion of the fans posting here. I don't think they're holding anything back because their butts are on red or pewter seats.... WHEN they sit. The only green and gold a TRUE Bulls fan should need are the green pants/jerseys and the gold (or whatever) on the helmets.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Can't disagree with a thing you said .... but that has nothing to do with the color of the stadium. People don't get pumped because of the colr of the seats they're sitting on, they get pumped with the passion for their team ... on the field. You've seen the passion of the fans posting here. I don't think they're holding anything back because their butts are on red or pewter seats.... WHEN they sit. The only green and gold a TRUE Bulls fan should need are the green pants/jerseys and the gold (or whatever) on the helmets.

I guess you should inform.....oh, I don't know.......every pro & college team who has ever had a stadium...........that decorating in one's school/team colors is completely pointless.  Obviously, they are complete ignorant jerks for so doing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

Nothing about it says college football.

All I care about is the college football in RayJay  8-)

Archived