WVU warns Auburn about us

BullAdrian

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

WVU better be warning themselves about us.  They are coming to our house now.  MUHAHAHA...(evil laugh)

-GUrly     :P

For the two minutes I dedicate to reading any boards each day... WVU was obviously saying they were going to upset us at least 27-20.  Within a touch down is not optimistic, they are looking for a good game.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

that auburn game will be about ball control and controlling the clock.  a defensive battle is what i am expecting to see.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

i dont think auburn gives a hoot about WV, a team that hasnt beaten a decent OC team in the regular season when it mattered

• Content Count:  928

It will be interesting to see how the Big Easts best defense matches up to the 'prolific' SEC defense.

I cannot wait for this game!! I cannot wait for all my inlaws to HATE ME!

PS. It's funny to read the progression of WVU fans throught the off season. First they were scared about playing USF at our home, now they are convinced they will kill us. I'm sure once it gets closer to the fall, there stomachs will churn again.

Also, it's pretty arrogant to say they will set rushing records at Auburn. I don't remember them setting any records against us, in fact they were SHUT DOWN and Auburns defense could be considered better than ours by many.

One more thing. Hop over to the Rutgers Rivals site. Those guys are taking their "goggle wearing" to a whole different level. Ask them if Teel is better than Grothe.

Back to Auburn. Their fans have every right to overlook us, they know very little about our program. It's pretty hard for them to care about football outside of the state of Alabama and impossible for them to look past the SEC.

We cannot take them lightly either just because ESPN picked this game to be the upset of the year.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

that auburn game will be about ball control and controlling the clock.  a defensive battle is what i am expecting to see.

i am afraid that the talent descrepancy will become apparent early in the game when auburn's lines control the trenches

• Content Count:  2,527

Does anyone really care if the fans of one team do not take the actual team their team will play seriously?

The fans on the message boards do not play the game.  I would wager that some of them are overweight armchair quarterbacks who have little to no athletic skills and probably never played sports at any level.

Hell, I can play air guitar all I want at a concert while the band plays; it still does not make me a rock star.

• Content Count:  7,890

i am afraid that the talent descrepancy will become apparent early in the game when auburn's lines control the trenches

Their Oline is suspect at best

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This will be a tough tough game and we could lose badly if we pull the USF dont show up on the road routine.  We will need our A game and prolly a defensive or special teams TD to pull this one out.  Auburn will be able to match us in athleticism at every position on both sides of the ball and their stadium is a though place to play.  Its very important for us to start fast and make some big plays early to hopefully take some energy out of the crowd.  Should be a good one and the players and coaching staff wont overlook us. If we play well be ready for a dog fight, if we dont show up well it could get ugly.  

• Content Count:  385

This will be a tough tough game and we could lose badly if we pull the USF dont show up on the road routine.  We will need our A game and prolly a defensive or special teams TD to pull this one out.  Auburn will be able to match us in athleticism at every position on both sides of the ball and their stadium is a though place to play.  Its very important for us to start fast and make some big plays early to hopefully take some energy out of the crowd.  Should be a good one and the players and coaching staff wont overlook us. If we play well be ready for a dog fight, if we dont show up well it could get ugly.  

You're 100% right.  It's all about showing up.  We have a habit of deciding not to show up to some road games and if that happens at AU it could get ugly.  If we show up it will be a great game.  

• Content Count:  115

They had a alright D last year but I still think we can do somethings vs them

Team Statistics Pts    Yds     Rush    Pass

Defense           13.9   297.5 125.8   171.7

One thing their defense did do was stop mobile QBs

Syvelle Newton rushed 20 times for 44 yards

Tim Tebow had one good run on them, but was held in check his other 2 times.

They held Brent Schaeffer to negative yards.

The key is our running backs. They need to have a big game, when the running backs were running well Auburn lost (see Arkansas and UGA). Further we MUST get pressure on COX, which is going to be tough, I believe they return 4 of their 5 starters on the Oline.

Lets get this straight Auburn's TEAM will not overlook us. People said the same thing about the Wazzou team they met last year and they laid it to them. We're gonna have to play out best game possible to win, maybe our best ever.

Auburn Tigers

The Tigers will wrap up the spring on Saturday with their annual A-Day game. Not surprisingly, the defense has gotten the best of the offense, and offensive coordinator Al Borges is the first to say that it's going to be a rebuilding job for him. The offense fared better in the second scrimmage than the first scrimmage, but head coach Tommy Tuberville was still peeved that the offense didn't show more consistency in finishing drives. The Tigers are replacing four offensive line starters from a year ago. Tackle King Dunlap is the only holdover. Defensive end Quentin Groves is the Tigers' best defender, but junior linebacker Chris Evans might have had the best spring. He finished with 11 tackles in last Saturday's scrimmage, matching his total in the first scrimmage. Redshirt freshman defensive tackle Mike Blanc also caught defensive coordinator Will Muschamp's eye and is making a strong push to crack the Tigers' rotation up front next season.

This is the Espn spring break down of Auburns team, They are replacing 4 of 5 starters on the O-line including their captain Guard Ben Grubbs a first round pick last weekend.  This in my opinion is the key to our chance at victory in Alabama.  We have enough speed and talent on our D-line to keep steady preasure on there O all day.  Even if they have mostly 4 and 5 star recruits playing along the O line, this will be their first major college test, I love those odds.  I cant see this game being anything more than a 17-14 type of game, that field goal is going to be the key, can Alvarado perform in that type of atmosphere...  Im of the belief he really started to turn things around at the end of last year and he may be a very good kicker this year; however, I am calling him our key in that game.  

Archived