will any other bulls get drafted?

bulls96go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I feel much better about what I said now that smazza is backing up the counter-argument.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Who will get signed as an UFA.  I still say Ean will, he was electric at times last year.  He should get a look.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

the bulls are not as talented as most on this board would lead you to believe

the proof is in the pudding

What pudding...the pudding that can stop Top 10 BCS teams year after year.

Smazza, I appreciate your reality; yet I'm beginning to think you arent a Bulls fan at all.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

USF didn't have very many graduating seniors to begin with, and they were all recruited in 2002-03 before they found out the program was moving up to a BCS conference. This year is the last group of C-USA guys.

Future recruiting classes will be of higher quality, therefore more guys getting NFL draft consideration.

how bout those guys that get drafted from D-AA schools, or D-2 or D-3 schools?  they are less talented than our players but yet you always here about a guy from one of those schools getting drafted.  and also mid-majors get a lot of people drafted, Hawaii had at least three drafted on day one this year.  so recruiting C-USA talent or BCS conference talent is a bs excuse.

the bulls are not as talented as most on this board would lead you to believe

the proof is in the pudding

There are times I agree with some of Smazza's points.  This is not one of them.  There really isn't always a strong correlation of being a talented college player on  good team vs being NFL material.

WVU did not have anyone drafted.  UL only had 4 players drafted.  Wisconsin finished #5 they only had one player drafted.  Troy Smith won the Heisman.  He went very late.  Chris Leak lead his team to the NC and was a 4 year starter.  Not drafted.  Even Smazza's mighty Trojans only had 4 players drafted, yet those mighty Golden Panthers from FIU had 2 players drafted.

I think next year we will see the jump in athletic talent show on the field then in the draft with guys like Moffit, Jenkins maybe a couple of others then we will see consisitency with 3 or 4 of our guys go each year from there on.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

how bout those guys that get drafted from D-AA schools, or D-2 or D-3 schools?  they are less talented than our players but yet you always here about a guy from one of those schools getting drafted.  and also mid-majors get a lot of people drafted, Hawaii had at least three drafted on day one this year.  so recruiting C-USA talent or BCS conference talent is a bs excuse.

Less talented? Says who?

You do know that there were 4 guys in the top 20 receiving in the NFL last year that weren't from D-IA schools.

And what about some of the greatest players of the modern era? (These are off my head)

Walter Payton - Jackson State

Jerry Rice - Mississippi Valley State

Phil Simms - Morehead State

And some notable guys:

Terrell Owens - Chattanooga

Steve McNair - Alcorn State

Rod Smith - Missouri Southern State

Chad Pennington - Marshall

Just because the didn't go to big schools doesn't mean they are less talented. In most cases it hurts them. With the exception of McNair (and Randy Moss, who I won't include because he was kicked out of 2 D-IA schools before going I-AA) , rarely does a I-AA guy get drafted early.

Look at Marqis Colston for example, he tore it up as a rookie, obviously had the talent but as a I-AA player wasn't respected.

We'll get more guys drafted next year, this year we honestly only had one draft quality player in Nicholaus.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

The free agent time we are entering now is always the part I find most entertaining.  The draft usually happens as expected, except for the year we went back-to-back-to-back.  It's always interesting to me who gets a free agent deal...and a tryout.

wiat until usf gets more than one player drafted

you will really find that entertaining

Less talented? Says who?

You do know that there were 4 guys in the top 20 receiving in the NFL last year that weren't from D-IA schools.

And what about some of the greatest players of the modern era? (These are off my head)

Walter Payton - Jackson State

Jerry Rice - Mississippi Valley State

Phil Simms - Morehead State

And some notable guys:

Terrell Owens - Chattanooga

Steve McNair - Alcorn State

Rod Smith - Missouri Southern State

Chad Pennington - Marshall

Just because the didn't go to big schools doesn't mean they are less talented. In most cases it hurts them. With the exception of McNair (and Randy Moss, who I won't include because he was kicked out of 2 D-IA schools before going I-AA) , rarely does a I-AA guy get drafted early.

Look at Marqis Colston for example, he tore it up as a rookie, obviously had the talent but as a I-AA player wasn't respected.

We'll get more guys drafted next year, this year we honestly only had one draft quality player in Nicholaus.

they are either less talented or usf needs to recruit them or better players

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

The free agent time we are entering now is always the part I find most entertaining.  The draft usually happens as expected, except for the year we went back-to-back-to-back.  It's always interesting to me who gets a free agent deal...and a tryout.

wiat until usf gets more than one player drafted

you will really find that entertaining

Man, this thread went stupid real fast.

They did already....you never cease to amaze.

how many drafted this yeAR?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

One...and your point would be?  That previous years do not exist now?

Archived