• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Well put. I agree.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

All units need to play at  higher level actually.

We return our starters and SO Allen could very well become a star back there.

The other 3 are JR's Gachette, Verpaele & Williams.

I have no major concerns with this group.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  919

usf needs their safeties to play at a higher level this year

Safety play was not a concern last year.  Burnett was solid all year at SS, and the FS's were fine.  Much improved over Camon, may he RIP.  Other areas are much more of a concern.  Again smazza shows he has no real knowledge of football and just wants to flame.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Safety play was not a concern last year.  Burnett was solid all year at SS, and the FS's were fine.  Much improved over Camon, may he RIP.  Other areas are much more of a concern.  Again smazza shows he has no real knowledge of football and just wants to flame.

I would agree with Smazza to some degree.  Go back to early in the year.  We were getting eaten up by the medium depth crossing routes.  Especially on 3rd and long  Our safety play killed us in the KU game.  You saw the same thing against UCF.  It may have been as easy as some simple adjustments and it got better later in the year, but we need to play great from start to finish this year.  

• Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

Smazza has a good point... and at the same time... this might be our deepest and most skilled position. If they give up only one big play a game, I think we'll be in for a great season. Rumor has it that Verpale will not be going after the big hit on every play but will make the most sound fundamental decision (he's got two year's of experience and should be able to pick apart the inexperienced QB). Expect the number of picks to increase... and the number of missed tackles to decrease.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think the keys to success this year will be special teams (No missed easy field goals), no punt/kick returns for good field position or scores, limit the number of stupid penalties and limit the number of first down the defense gives up on 3rd and long (this is where the safeties play a key role) and we will be in for a good year.

I am expecting to see Jenkins play a lot like he did in the 2nd half of the UCF game and in the bowl game.  He basically smothered the receivers in those games.  With him coming back I expect to see him showcasing himself as the situation and coaches allow him to.   The safeties are going to have to step up in the big games as well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

[...  Go back to early in the year.  We were getting eaten up by the medium depth crossing routes.  Especially on 3rd and long  Our safety play killed us in the KU game.  You saw the same thing against UCF.  It may have been as easy as some simple adjustments and it got better later in the year, but we need to play great from start to finish this year.  

We were "young" back there, but feel they did get better and Allen could very well start in 2007.

• Content Count:  919

I would agree with Smazza to some degree.  Go back to early in the year.  We were getting eaten up by the medium depth crossing routes.  Especially on 3rd and long  Our safety play killed us in the KU game.  You saw the same thing against UCF.  It may have been as easy as some simple adjustments and it got better later in the year, but we need to play great from start to finish this year.  

I don't think the KU game can be blamed on the safeties.  I seem to recall short crossing routes in front of the LB's going for all those first downs.   The defensive game plan was too passive in that game IMO.  

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...

Archived