Dead issue with USF, when will fans follow ?

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

he should be disciplined and if not by leavitt than by the prez

extra running isnt the discipline that is needed

Right on.  He should be punished and running is too extreme.  I hope Leavitt yells at him for a few minutes and then gets back to work.  This is so silly.

if leavitt does nothing as you advocate you can rest assured grothe will find himself in a worse jam

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

if leavitt does nothing as you advocate you can rest assured grothe will find himself in a worse jam

;D

I will rest ... it's assured.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

I got caught up in the arrest terminology too - no big deal.

The cops say he was arrested, but most of us consider arrested to mean taken into custody.

The dictionary provides the cops version:  to bring to a stop

and, what I consider arrest to mean:  to take or keep in custody by authority of law

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/arrest

Hence the argument.  

The term arrest carries implied significance of crime...here it is plain wrong to use - but I'm not a cop on a sting operation writing a good-sounding report.

Fact - if he ever is filling out an application and it asks have you been arrested he will have answer yes. The application will not care how you define arrested. His saving grace will be if he pleads no contst he will not have been convicted. Most apps  usually ask if you have been convicted and not arrested.

• Content Count:  928

# Oral sex is illegal

# Tampa Bay: It is illegal to eat cottage cheese on Sunday after 6:00 P.M.

Guilty as charged. Look me up and throw away the key. I'll be serving a multiple life sentence for doing both at the same time. See you in 150 years boys.

UCF girl?

I don't know...she did have a "UCF MOM" bumber sticker on her beach cruiser.

• Content Count:  118

“It is not an arrest, it’s a notice to appear,†... “He did not go through booking procedures. He received an order to appear in court. It’s not a whole lot different than a traffic ticket.â€Â

Who ever wrote that is absolutely incorrect. He was arrested, regardless of the fact that he wasn’t taken to jail. This is normally what police officers do for minor in possession, drinking under the age, etc. And for the author’s information, when one receives a traffic ticket, they are technically being arrested even if it is perceived differently.

You started out right...then failed at the end.

An NTA is an arrest.  It goes on your criminal history as an arrest UNLESS you go through a pre-trial diversion program and have the record expunged.  It was always be on a law enforcement criminal history report, just not the public one.

A traffic ticket for an "infraction" is not an arrest, just an administrative fine.  A "criminal citation" is an arrest.  It is just like any other misdemeanor handled through an NTA.  These infractions would be DUI, Driving with License Supended with Knowledge, No Insurance for a vehicle, etc.

• Content Count:  118

FL Laws:

How many times should you(all board members) have been arrested ?

# Florida prohibits topless walking or running within a 150 foot zone between the beach and the street.

# Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

# Daytona Beach: The molestation of trash cans is banned; While intoxicated, being under influence of narcotics is prohibited; It shall be unlawful for any person to swim or bathe in that portion of the Atlantic Ocean within the corporate limits of the city when under the influence of intoxicating liquor or narcotic drugs to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired;

# Florida deals with its prostitution problem by giving prostitutes spending money, a five-year banishment, and a bus ticket out of town.

# Florida law forbids rats to leave the ships docked in Tampa Bay.

# Hialeah: Ambling and strolling is a misdemeanor.

# If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

# Failure to tell your neighbor his house is on fire is illegal.

# It is illegal to fish while driving across a bridge.

# In Miami, it is forbidden to imitate an animal.

# In Saratoga, Florida it is illegal to sing while wearing a bathing suit.

# It is considered an offense to shower naked.

# It is illegal to fart in a public place after 6:00pm on a Thursday.

# Key West: Chickens are considered a 'protected species'.

# Oral sex is illegal.

# You may not kiss your wife's breasts.

# Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.

# Pensacola: Citizens may not be caught downtown without at least 10 dollars on their person; It is illegal to roll a barrel on any street, fines go up according to the contents of the barrel; A women can be fined (only after death), for being electrocuted in a bath-tub because of using self-beautification utensils.

# Pinecrest: In order to operate a burglar alarm, a permit must be obtained.

# Sanford Stage: Nudity is banned, with the exception of "bona fide" theatrical performances. Violating this ordinance results in a $100 fine.

# Sarasota: If you hit a pedestrian you are fined $78.00; You may not catch crabs.

# Tampa Bay: It is illegal to eat cottage cheese on Sunday after 6:00 P.M.

# Under a 1959 ordinance, stubborn children were considered vagrants in Jupiter Inlet Colony, Fla.

# When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.

# Women can be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer. The salon owner can also be fined for this horrible crime.

... and until recently, it was illegal to play baseball in Webster. Back in the day when kids played, the ball would sometimes break the windows of trains coming by. The law was stricken about 12 years ago.

Find the statute numbers for those, you won't.  Did you get those from the intranet joke sites?  They are not true, just jokes my friend.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

...  These infractions would be DUI, Driving with License Supended with Knowledge, No Insurance for a vehicle, etc.

And who wants to discuss that these three should be treated equally ?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

The cops say he was arrested, but most of us consider arrested to mean taken into custody.

and, what I consider arrest to mean:  to take or keep in custody by authority of law

Hence the argument.  

The term arrest carries implied significance of crime...here it is plain wrong to use - but I'm not a cop on a sting operation writing a good-sounding report.

Fact - if he ever is filling out an application and it asks have you been arrested he will have answer yes. The application will not care how you define arrested. His saving grace will be if he pleads no contst he will not have been convicted. Most apps  usually ask if you have been convicted and not arrested.

That is true.  The question is usually "convicted" and typically of a "felony".

He'll be fine.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Hence the argument.  

Well that and he wont have to fill out an application when he is drafted.  

Archived