How many speeding tickets . . .

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

By the way, you certainly can be arrested for speeding if you exceed the speed limit by enough mph.  And you can be booked also...

That is reckless driving, not just speeding though

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"reckless or knowingly"

And actually both are citations . . . why try to make a bigger issue outta this?

Reckless or knowingly are two lesser mental states than intentional when it comes to commiting a crime. Most speeding tickets in Florida is given under the negliegnce standard (even less of a mental state). Unless excessive, in which it is wreckless.

The serving an underage person alcohol is a knowingly or reckless mental state. Which is more severe.

The point is the two don't compare when it comes to offenses because one is arrestable and the other is a civil penalty.

As Bulliever said, I think this is just a real big lack in judgment.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

I don't believe that Brad used "real big" in describing the lack of judgment ....

And I'm not real sure why some USF fans continue trying to make this into such a real big freaking deal....  What's done is done. Matt screwed up. I'm sure he's smart enough that it won't happen again. Whatever punishment he gets legally and from USF, if any, will be doled out, served and we move on.

For a perspective, put yourself in a Penn State fan's shoes...

I don't believe that Brad used "real big" in describing the lack of judgment ....

And I'm not real sure why some USF fans continue trying to make this into such a real big freaking deal....  What's done is done. Matt screwed up. I'm sure he's smart enough that it won't happen again. Whatever punishment he gets legally and from USF, if any, will be doled out, served and we move on.

I apologize for adding those word's to Brad's statements, but it is  "real big" when it comes to lack of judgment dept, in my book. On a total scale it's something, but nothing that should be considered detrimental to the program.

I've responded minimally to this, mostly chiming in on NCAA rules. However, for every person trying to overreact (and there are a few) there are a few acting like this isn't a big deal.

Well it kinda is, because the NCAA will probably be taking a look at why a) Our athletic dept had a kid working at a bar owned by a booster (which will be cleared if it was a legitimate job) and B) looking into why our athletic dept didn't (allegedly) know about the job (which could be serious).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Well it kinda is, because the NCAA will probably be taking a look at why a) Our athletic dept had a kid working at a bar owned by a booster (which will be cleared if it was a legitimate job)

Is the owner a booster?

and B) looking into why our athletic dept didn't (allegedly) know about the job (which could be serious).

Do we know for sure that no one in the USF AD knew about the job? I realize you put "allegedly" but keep repeating that no one knew and it becomes "fact", whether it is or not...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

Well it kinda is, because the NCAA will probably be taking a look at why a) Our athletic dept had a kid working at a bar owned by a booster (which will be cleared if it was a legitimate job) and B) looking into why our athletic dept didn't (allegedly) know about the job (which could be serious).

I don't know, but then don't doubt, that the NCAA will take a look-see, but even if they don't, USF will.  This kind of thing can sting, and I would imagine a lot of energy will be put in that direction and not towards the destruction of MG.  It's something we have to address, no doubt.  Common sense normally prevails, but not in this case.

Is the owner a booster?

If he's ever bought a ticket to any USF athletic event (making a financial contribution) Yes. The NCAA doesn't really discriminate against different booster levels, etc. They have one defintion.

What will alert the NCAA more is the fact that the name of the bar is the "Bull Ring" a bar whose name is correlated with our athletic department.

Do we know for sure that no one in the USF AD knew about the job? I realize you put "allegedly" but keep repeating that no one knew and it becomes "fact", whether it is or not...

What alerts me is that they would let him bartend at a local bar named the Bull Ring. Greg said it was not a long stay, so I'm not sure he told the athletic department yet. He might have been waiting for summer paper turn in, in which many Student Athletes turn in their plans for the summer to the school. Whether its work camps for the coaches or pull a tractor for their father you are supossed to alert the school of any job you take, along with compensation.

I am not sure of the ins and outs of the USF Compliance Dept. but in my expiriences it has worked like this.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

... have student athletes received?

This offense is worse.

When speeding, the "intent" is to break a law.

Grothe's situation had no "intent" to break any law.

This is really a no issue and the threads going on are as silly as the kicker's mom vs. Bulliever thread.

::)

ridiculous

there are  several problems with grothe situation

the green and goggle mantra

"our star players can do no wrong"

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

I apologize for adding those word's to Brad's statements, but it is  "real big" when it comes to lack of judgment dept, in my book. On a total scale it's something, but nothing that should be considered detrimental to the program.

I've responded minimally to this, mostly chiming in on NCAA rules. However, for every person trying to overreact (and there are a few) there are a few acting like this isn't a big deal.

it is what it is

if the coaching staff/athletic dept dont know their qb is a bartender than there are several problems here

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

smazza,

You may not know that your son is cruising into UCF gay chat rooms - should you be punished severely?  Let's hope so.    Matt has a dad.  Matt's dad should know what his son is doing.  This is not something to condemn CJL over, as much as you would like to.

Archived