How many speeding tickets . . .

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

... have student athletes received?

This offense is worse.

When speeding, the "intent" is to break a law.

Grothe's situation had no "intent" to break any law.

This is really a no issue and the threads going on are as silly as the kicker's mom vs. Bulliever thread.

::)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

ET, come on.

Apples to Oranges. Yes there was no intent; but at minimum it was reckless or knowingly.

There is no comparison between a speeding ticket and serving someone underage.

One is only a citation and the other is an arrest. I'm sorry.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Lets be honest it's not a huge deal. However, the real issue is our student athletes (especially the higher profile ones) need to make sure they don't put themselves in bad situations.

What if a booster was in the bar tipping 100 for every drink poured? Not the part time job the star qb should have. Too many ways for it to cause issues. Had he made wiser decisions we wouldn't be discussing this crap right now.  Hopefully it is a lesson learned to all our student athletes.

... I'm sorry.

Yes and you should be ...  ;)

Greg's blog is spot on :

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

There was no arrest people ? I am amazed that things are so slow that you must try to find doom  ::)

Sorry, Brett's blog . . .  I cannot edit.

... Yes there was no intent; but at minimum it was reckless or knowingly.

One is only a citation and the other is an arrest. I'm sorry.

;D

"reckless or knowingly" ? Someone walks up to a doorman at a bar and gets carded, then walks to the bar to get a beer . . .

And actually both are citations . . . why try to make a bigger issue outta this?

You can drink at 18 in Brasil . . . you can not drive until 18 in Brasil.

Neither is relevant and neither are these discussions about Grothe and people questioning his character.

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

By the way, you certainly can be arrested for speeding if you exceed the speed limit by enough mph.  And you can be booked also...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

... and neither are these discussions about Grothe and people questioning his character.

This really isn't a character issue in my opinion.  It may be a judgment issue.  I think MG had no business being there and while I am a proponent of personal responsibility, the Bulls Ring should know better too.  Much like a bartender can be in trouble when they have served someone drunk (regardless of age) so too should be the organization that hires the bartender and clearly doesn't see to it that he performs the job correctly and responsibly (according to laws).

I think the law regarding serving underage patrons is way off.  I think instead of busting the bartender they ought to jail the juvenile, but then again that requires personal responsibility.

In any event, E.T., I don't think it's character as much as judgment.  And judgment usually is not found in abundance in a 20 year old.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

... and neither are these discussions about Grothe and people questioning his character.

This really isn't a character issue in my opinion.  It may be a judgment issue.  I think MG had no business being there and while I am a proponent of personal responsibility, the Bulls Ring should know better too.  Much like a bartender can be in trouble when they have served someone drunk (regardless of age) so too should be the organization that hires the bartender and clearly doesn't see to it that he performs the job correctly and responsibly (according to laws).

I think the law regarding serving underage patrons is way off.  I think instead of busting the bartender they ought to jail the juvenile, but then again that requires personal responsibility.

In any event, E.T., I don't think it's character as much as judgment.  And judgment usually is not found in abundance in a 20 year old.

I agree...and the judgement call was him taking that job in the first place. Hopefully he learns from it and thats the worst he ever does. He's 20 yrs old and was looking to make some $$$ can understand why he took the job. He just needs to think a little more next time.

Archived