Sholarship Student Athlete Needs

E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

wouldnt a full athletic scholarship pay for on campus housing, a meal plan, and books and tuission?

what else could a student athlete possibly need?

Car, Car Insurance, Gasoline, Tickets to Movies, Stopping into McD's for a Burger and Shake(I'm Lovin' It!), Video Rentals, Game Rentals, Flowers for the Soul Mate, Magazine, Buying Something for Mom on Mother's Day(coming up and remember, she was the first woman to love us) . . .

Sure there are more things ...

:GoBulls

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

I agree they need extra money.

Take out a loan or work somewhere else.  Be a sub and teach at a school.  He's a secondary education major...  Makes sense to me.

There are other ways to make money... bartending for the starting QB is just a terrible idea.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Et most student athletes are more than welcome to get jobs. I question the decision to work as a bartender, in a vulnerable position. Too much can go wrong when you are around alcohol.

As I said before, the institution I work for does not allow the student atheletes to be bartenders unless their family owns the bar or a extenuating circumstance. They can be servers, bouncers, etc. but there is too much liability at the bartending position.

• Content Count:  5,691

Tuission....come on are you freaking kidding me!

• Content Count:  289

I agree they need extra money.

Take out a loan or work somewhere else.  Be a sub and teach at a school.  He's a secondary education major...  Makes sense to me.

There are other ways to make money... bartending for the starting QB is just a terrible idea.

I thought these guys got a stipend.  I'm sure it wouldn't be much.  I don't think he could sub because it might interfere with his own classes.  So a night/evening/weekend job would probably work better for athletes.  

But I agree with the bartending thing.  Bad idea.

Archived