RB Ricky Ponton

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

honestly we still aren't that good at running back... we don't have anyone currently as of today that is a "great" back we have potential but many people end up as wasted potential.... the season will tell

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

When Ponton traded off with Hall, I thought to myself, "well, when Hall graduates we are all set at RB".  I haven't been impressed with Ponton since.  I realize that he only had half a season last year, but he didn't emerge as a threat that other teams had to account for.  I am not big on him.  Maybe he needs to be pushed, like playing second fiddle to Hall.  Maybe this depth that we have acquired at RB will push him.  But truthfully, he is optional at this point.  He needs to make himself relevant once again or else he will get lost in the depth.

And Steve -- I don't blame Leavitt for not being high on Ponton.  He screwed his team mates and fans.  If I considered someone a bad influence on my team, he wouldn't be on it.  Especially if I were deep at that position.  I know others see a good running back in Ponton.  Maybe they are football-smarter than I.  I don't see it.

Good post - this sums it up pretty well.  To me, Ponton would be a nice luxury to have as a 2nd or 3rd back on the depth chart.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

My concern isn't so much the running back position, we are in good shape there.  The offensive line is more important, to my way of thinking.  Keep the defense from reaching our QB giving him time to reach the receiver down field and make holes for our RB to get through.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

Better RB's make an O-line better.

Archived