The Bulls Pen to be last independent USF board...

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

The Knight_Light factor...

Trip, those photos, did you ever get the negatives?

I'm still working on it ..... I've got a sting set up and don't want to divulge too many details but let's just say it involves posing as a 13 yr old boy on the Internet.

Well those last two posts just ruined any political future you two might ever have.   ;D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,565
  • Days Won:  10

Velcro, make sure that you have a good firewall and Internet connectivity both up and down.  Next step is probably a cache engine in front of the web server.  

Glad to help if I can

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We do have a good firewall and internet connection is great both directions. (15 mb down, 2 mb up - better than T1)

I am not familiar with cache engines though so any info you can give, i'd be happy to listen.  Private Message is probably a good way to go.

Thanks for the offer of assistance.

• Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

As has been alluded to, this has always been a fans site run by the fans (to varying degrees).  Our message board has always allowed us to differentiate by offering new features.  We've ridden the current message board version for about a couple years and the overall Yabb product for quite some time.  With this format we've been able to do a lot of different modifications and customizations, but there have also been problems with the most recent upgrade.

Velcro mentioned a new server, and soon we'll also have a new board system.  The conversion planning and test installs are underway now and are - as a matter of fact - being conducted and overseen by your fellow board members.  NAM37, JimUSFSig, Apis Bull and Velcro are playing key roles in examining and testing our options to position ourselves for increased performance and continued growth.  

Hopefully Google is getting all this...

Our sole interest in the change is to be able to continue to deliver the best message board experience and a growing online community to Bulls fans.  As we get closer, we'll provide some additional information.  Until then, we hope you'll continue to help us grow the oldest, largest and only independent Bulls board driven by and for Bulls fans.

With your help, the transition will go well.

Archived