The Bull Ring

Brad

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

-- Tia's did undergo a bankruptcy last year but apparently has reorganized. And if Tia's was bad, thank goodness you never went to the old Casa Gallardo. Yikes (except for happy hour).

There was an article in the local paper that said the Tia's opening back up on Fowler is the only one coming back. The old management team from that one got together and is reviving it... I didn't think that Tia's was bad at all and am looking forward to it opening back up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

Ok, ok... So the Bull Ring is on it's way out ("the way it should be") and although it's a shame for a "USF themed" restraunt to go outta business, NOW is the time for a big push from local USF fans to start promoting the BULLS to their local hangouts...   If you want to see USF in places that you already patron, all it takes is a conversation. Talk to the manager of the joint and see if they'll hang up some USF "BULLS COUNTRY" promos.  I'm telling ya, it works. I just took 2 new schedule football posters up to my favorite pizza joint. And the football season is around the corner!!!

Call Bob Fiallo, (Grand Exaulted Poo-Bah of BULLS COUNTRY) at 813-404-1319 and tell him you want to get YOUR local businesses involved with Bulls Country!!! He's one of the most die hard BULLS fans I've ever met!

does anyone know what the bar in the new MC will be?

Its a debate right now...but it will be comparable to a Chili's.  They say it will be a Green and Gold Chili's.

Sounds good to me... :D

They better have a large capacity, cause there are alot of drinkers on this campus(esp. in the school of music!)

GO BULLS!!!

I believe the old bar was the Copper Top... I could be wrong though.

I have also heard that the new bar will be a Chili's.

The "old bar" was the Empty Keg.  The Copper Top is now and has always been on Fowler Ave.

ReliaBull... my bad on the Damon's... you're right it was the Chinese Buffett... but the point is that the location is not the main problem.  A sports bar at that spot on Fowler Avenue can work - if it is the right restaurant.

You don't put "upscale" restaurants in a "downscale" neighborhood.  The owner could have bought the Hops location on Dale Mabry - upscale would work in just-north-of-South-Tampa.  That end of Fowler Ave = college students, faculty/staff at lunchtime, and lower income brackets at night.  The Temple Terrace side has a higher income bracket (fewer renters, more homeowners), and it might have been a better location.

The problem was obviously an inflexible business plan and poor market research.

• Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

lets open up the bullspen restaurant!  each table will have a built in monitor for posting on the site lol

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

8 bigscreens, each carrying one of the individual boards.  Everyone in the restaurant could watch all board activity at once....I sense there'd be a lot of alcohol sold.   :D

• Content Count:  7,890

it USED to be the place to be in 1999. then when the mamagement changed - it emptied out. :-?

Just FYI they are going to redo the inside of Rocky's very soon

• Content Count:  701

redo the claw!!

haha, i know i know.. refer to different thread

• Content Count:  7,890

redo the claw!!

haha, i know i know.. refer to different thread

my father in-law's construction company is doing the remodel and I was giving him hell telling him why he is at it might as well do something with the claw.  ;)

• Content Count:  624

The Clubhouse Sports Cafe-- near the intersection of 56th st. and Fowler Ave. behind Applebees. This is a great place to watch BULLS games, I went there this past year for the Louisville football game and the place had no seats open! Huge TV's and a party room that us student BULLS took over for that game.

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

How is that Gator's Dockside doing for business?? The reason I ask that is that I believe that is a much better location than the Bull Ring. It is a shame that the BULL RING didnt get that location first and had better prices. Face it, not many students want to drive that far from campus when there are plenty of other options available.  If there are to be any USF themed locations then they better get it as close to the campus as possible in my opinion. They also better have cheaper prices for the students. Maybe offer a huge student discount with any USF student that presents their ID. Just some thoughts that may have brought in more customers.

Archived