The Bull Ring

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

The last straw for me was when I showed up there for the Ohio st. v. Michigan game with the sole purpose of ensuring a table when the USF v. Louisville game game on right afterwards, only to have one of the managers (the chick who is always in a gator jersey) tell us that the table has been reserved, and I needed to move. This was right as the bulls were kicking off. I about flipped my lid.

I also loved how when they changed management (the last time I was there) the first thing they did was take away the old food specials that they used to have during bulls games. That's a good way to attract the bulls crowd.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

nothing is better than hooters  :)

I agree.  And the restaurant is nice too.

• Content Count:  478

Nice location would be in Tampa Palms but they already have PeaBodys.  I think they've made Good Fella and Winners in Tampa Palms went out of business.

WINNERS WENT OUT OF BUSINESS???? OMG I spent so many nights with friends in that little place??? What happened (other than they went out of business of course)???

• Content Count:  478

I AM SO SAD  :'(

totally ruined my morning.

• Content Count:  5,903

Winners is gone. It was a nice place.... well, apparently not nice enough.

• Content Count:  701

Nice location would be in Tampa Palms but they already have PeaBodys.  I think they've made Good Fella and Winners in Tampa Palms went out of business.

he said he thinks they went of out business...  as far as i know its still there.  ill have to check it out on my way home today.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I went there once for lunch on a Saturday about two months ago.  Place was empty.  Food was average at best, and worst of all, the bartender who was serving us was wearing an FSU shirt.  I told her, you gotta be kidding me right?  This girl was from Tampa, went to FSU for a year, for some reason came back to Tampa and actually GRADUATED from USF, and she still had a FSU shirt on.  I told her I must have been in the wrong bar or something.  Brutal.  Met Zimbo, he seemed unconcerned about getting Bulls people in there too.  Sad indeed.  

• Content Count:  1,911

The problem is they got rid of all the managers.  The Zimbo guy hired a service which provided managers for this kind of service industry.  The service provider is located in channelside and the managers would work at the bullring, splitsville and Stumps.  Then one day he got rid of that service.  Hiring some idiot server as his new manager and keeping the scraps of workers who would stay. Ever since then the place has went downhill.  That girl in the gators jersey (uf grad, from tampa) was very nice but worked hard , so i can see why some would say she was mean.  Once she left the two hot blonde servers left too.  All 3 are good friends of mine and are the reason I never go there anymore and Im sure lots of other people dont go now for the recent lack of scenery.  It seems like the owner gave up.  Maybe he just wants to stay open for Sundays when the Eagles are on TV.  Good luck with that.   They should change the name from the Bulls Ring to the South Jersey/Philly Ring.  

• Content Count:  2,580

I went there once for lunch on a Saturday about two months ago.  Place was empty.  Food was average at best, and worst of all, the bartender who was serving us was wearing an FSU shirt.  I told her, you gotta be kidding me right?  This girl was from Tampa, went to FSU for a year, for some reason came back to Tampa and actually GRADUATED from USF, and she still had a FSU shirt on.  I told her I must have been in the wrong bar or something.  Brutal.  Met Zimbo, he seemed unconcerned about getting Bulls people in there too.  Sad indeed.  

That reminds me.  One of the games that I went to watch at the Bull Ring, I want to say there was actually a bartender w/ a UCF shirt or hat on.  Maybe someone that was there can confirm that, but I'm almost positive that was the case.

• Content Count:  1,911

Hey bulliever, your in the Tampa area and you dont call your main doo doo stain hermie momart??  :o

i understand, you dont want to get beat one on one in basketball, its cool.   ;)

Archived