Baseball Team Drops Another One

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

The pitching situation for yesterday wasn't good.  As of right now, we have three starters (Otero, Delaney, Quevedo).  They all started over the weekend so none of them were available last nig.  Yuri came in to get out of a jam in the first and ended up throwing 7 innings of relief again, so we couldn't use him.  Here's where the depth issue comes into play.  Last week we used James Rowe against UCF and he didn't record an out, so Lelo went with Darryl Lewis who didn't last too long either.  Neither of these guys are considered 'starters' from what I can tell, so it was only a matter of time before UCF got to either of them.  Bilardello rarely pitches over an inning, as does Wags.  Sanford is only used when the game is close for the most part.  

That in a nutshell is our pitching situation.  If we don't get 7 innings from our starters, then it normally means we don't win the ballgame.  That puts a ton of pressure on our starters.  Quevedo was a solid mid week starter, but when Daniel Thomas went down, we lost a solid weekend starter and had to move Q to the Conference Series for every weekend, since no other pitcher has proved he can perform on the bigger stage.  I was hoping for a top 4 finish in the Big East this year, but it doesn't look like that will happen unless something miraculous occurs, so we just need to make sure we finish in the top 8, as high as possible.    

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

UL is one of the few with chairbacks on campus stadiums but I would prefer bleachers b/c it can get so much louder as I've seen from visiting friends in Gainesville and Tallahassee where the stadium feels like it's shaking w/ the pounding on the bleachers. And fans(probably mostly students) stand on the bleachers to make noise(pounding on concrete would hurt). The UCF stadium will be a nice start 45k, partial brick facade, and a bowl making it louder during big games. I don't see how it is seen as "not that nice". It also can be expanded to 65k if the demand is there in the future. I don't have an all out hate for Bull fans but stupid comments like izzo's just deserve a response. I do agree though that the newest Gem is the Basketball Convocation Center, w/ the restaurants and the rumored bar inside that will be a nice place to watch a game.

• Content Count:  2,307

Personally I didn't like their stadium either.  And trust me, it's not jealousy.  I love playing at Ray Jay and I know that when USF builds something it'll be great.

I think the reason why I didn't like it is because I have been to so many away games and seen what some stadiums looked like.  I thought it looked weird and that it could have been better.

I do have to give props to UCF in one thing.  You have a very nice looking campus, very pretty.  Everything is so new.

Hmm, it showed up large on facebook. It's an Orlando reporter from CFN 13 just asking me questions about the whole USFvsUCF deal.

"What war on I-4"?

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Hmm, it showed up large on facebook. It's an Orlando reporter from CFN 13 just asking me questions about the whole USFvsUCF deal.

"What war on I-4"?

It's true though...USF is off of 75, not I-4. ::)

• Content Count:  12,293

war on i-4 referring to the fact that its the main highway that connects tampa and orlando..

UCF is no where NEAR i4.

USF is a lot closer to i-4 then UCF is

We know that.

But I was referring to that the reporter asked CtBrown24 how he felt about the war on I-4, and his reply was..."What war on I-4?"  ;D

• Content Count:  580

We know that.

But I was referring to that the reporter asked CtBrown24 how he felt about the war on I-4, and his reply was..."What war on I-4?"  ;D

I get the joke...and I kind of hope he said that...I can see the reporter following that up with, "Said that USF student who drove over an hour on I-4 traffic to go to a Tuesday baseball game during Finals week.  Yep."

;):)

Finals week is next week.   :P

Not only that, but maybe, just maybe, we drove there because it's a close game to drive to.  We like to support our team.  UCF had maybe 7 ppl to our games, and that's including the drunk Southern Miss fan that caters to you guys.  He's soo....weird.

• Content Count:  580

Good response...you were apparantly waiting by the computer for that one.  I feel important.

Anyway....I just came back to add - if the kid said, oh I dunno, "there is no War on I-4 because UCF is not competition!,"  I would pan over to the SCOREBOARD and say something like "Indeed, he is right."

Anyway, just having fun with you kids.  

Now get off the computer.

Really.  

It's nice outside.

Archived