University of Pittsburg at Heinz

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,801
  • Days Won:  213

What makes you say it won't be like UCF's stadium??  You have Zero Basis for this.  No college stadium can compare to RJS.

He didn't say reproduction of RayJay, he said college version, ie scaled down. USF fans have been spoiled and I would assume the administration will recognize that fact when it comes to build on-campus. It won't be a twin of RayJay but it will need to have more amenities than the one going up over there, like bathrooms located where you don't have to walk down God knows how many flights of stairs. I haven't seen any drawings of their "club area" so I don't know how it compares to RayJay's, though...

Seriously, have you ever been to Clemson, UGA, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame, etc.  Believe me, if none of these schools have an RJS type stadium, why would we?

Why wouldn't we? Who says we have to do things just like those other schools?? We've already set ourselves up as innovators in what we've done in just 10 short years .... Would it kill to think outside the box here??

Last I checked it was about money.  And that is one area, where USF struggles the most.

Now ...... that's why we wait to do something until we have the respurces to do it the right way .... OUR way.

you may be right but we will be waiting a long time fi we want to build the type of stadium you are talking about. Even one built more or less cheaply like  UCFs is pretty **** expensive. Can't you remember how tough it was to build our ahtletic facility? THat was a mere 18 million dollars. Try 10 times that amount if you want to come close to what ou are sugesting.

All this for 6 or 7 games a year-- it just makes no sense at all from a realistic standpoint. I think it is nice to have people believe in the whole "college atmosphere" thing-- but honestly-- I don't go out of my way to stroll around USFs campus. SO having it on campus makes so little difference to me. Everyone can drive 15 minutes and park by something already built for many years to come. I can't see us breaking ground on anything sooner than 2020.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I'm with you MikeG as far as the time table.  I'm looking at 2017 at the earliest.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Triple B, I see what you are saying, but honestly [highlight]I can't think of one college stadium that takes any of that stuff into consideration.[/highlight]  When we get one, it will be ours, so we'll love it no matter what.  I hope you guys like bench seating.............because individual seating isnt going to happen for the majority of the stadium.

Be Realistic People.

That's my point, Joe. Why do we have try to emulate other colleges? We will be in a fairly unique situation, going from a top flight NFL stadium to an OCS. It will be time to think outside the box when trying to compare to other college's situations. Honestly, I'm not sure they'll take any of that into consideration when the time does come but I would be disappointed if it, at least, wasn't addressed somewhere in the planning stage.... some sort of input from long time donor/season tix holders.

Archived