University of Pittsburg at Heinz

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

maybe they will-- for my money though, renting a state of the art stadium vs. building a smaller, so-so type facility is a downgrade that will be more expensive. We play 6 or 7 games at home a year. The OCS needs to be maintained all year long. Eventually I'd like to see one but only after we have gotten our other facilities (baseball, dining facilities, SunDome improvements, softball etc) improved drastically and pay off things like the Ahtletic facility. It might still be the same timeframe of course anyway. A true homefield would be a luxury for our young program.

I couldn't agree with you more on the state of the program, how to view it, and future projects.  However, when USF does build a stadium, they will not build an erector set like UCiF.  It will be something comparable to a college version of RJS.  50K seats at LEAST!  By the time USF gets around to building a stadium, we will have respect, butts in seats, and(above all) the funds to build one of the best stadiums in College athletics.  

I can't wait...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Side Bar: Poor Spring Game Attendance (2,100) at 65,000 seat Heinz Field causes recruit to cancel his commitment to Pitt:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/pitt/s_504051.html

[highlight]Cruz said his mother, Martha Bernard, "likes the closed-campus college atmosphere, not the big city[/highlight]"

Apparently he'll be rooming with his mom ...

and that [highlight]"everyone feels that I can go (to a program) way bigger and better" than Pitt[/highlight].

Cruz took an unofficial visit to Morgantown last week to check out West Virginia's facilities and [highlight]spent this past weekend at Akron[/highlight],

This boy just seems a bit lost.... Maybe his mom will like Akron, though.

• Content Count:  19,801
  • Days Won:  213

Akron?

what is that kid smokin'

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Akron?

what is that kid smokin'

Rocks?

BTW: I put this link to the Pitt Spring game in the Big East Sports board...we should talk about it there...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Let the Bucs leave...I won't miss them.

Let the Bucs leave...I won't miss them.

that is pretty unlikely now

if it somehow did happen, we would still see our share of Superbowls imo

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

maybe they will-- for my money though, renting a state of the art stadium vs. building a smaller, so-so type facility is a downgrade that will be more expensive. We play 6 or 7 games at home a year. The OCS needs to be maintained all year long. Eventually I'd like to see one but only after we have gotten our other facilities (baseball, dining facilities, SunDome improvements, softball etc) improved drastically and pay off things like the Ahtletic facility. It might still be the same timeframe of course anyway. A true homefield would be a luxury for our young program.

I couldn't agree with you more on the state of the program, how to view it, and future projects.  However, when USF does build a stadium, they will not build an erector set like UCiF.  It will be something comparable to a college version of RJS.  50K seats at LEAST!  By the time USF gets around to building a stadium, we will have respect, butts in seats, and(above all) the funds to build one of the best stadiums in College athletics.  

I can't wait...

What makes you say it won't be like UCF's stadium??  You have Zero Basis for this.  No college stadium can compare to RJS.  Seriously, have you ever been to Clemson, UGA, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame, etc.  Believe me, if none of these schools have an RJS type stadium, why would we?  Last I checked it was about money.  And that is one area, where USF struggles the most.

I can't wait...

What makes you say it won't be like UCF's stadium??  You have Zero Basis for this.  No college stadium can compare to RJS.  Seriously, have you ever been to Clemson, UGA, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame, etc.  Believe me, if none of these schools have an RJS type stadium, why would we?  Last I checked it was about money.  And that is one area, where USF struggles the most.

concur

When we do build the OCS-- don't expect it to be even close to as nice as what we are in right now. I'l never understand what the hurry is to get into our own digs. We are fortunate as hell to be able to play in a top rated NFL stadium. I expect whatever USF builds someday will be very similar to what UCF is doing now. That's FSU and all the rest started at some point. You build the field and some stands-- with the eye on continually added more seats and better facilities. It's how it is done.

I was in the Touchdown Club at the Gators Spring game a couple of years ago-- they had pictures on the wall detailing the transformation the stadium has gone through over the years. It sometimes takes decades of little improvements to make it into the moster size stadiums you see today.

• Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

What makes you say it won't be like UCF's stadium??  You have Zero Basis for this.  No college stadium can compare to RJS.

He didn't say reproduction of RayJay, he said college version, ie scaled down. USF fans have been spoiled and I would assume the administration will recognize that fact when it comes to build on-campus. It won't be a twin of RayJay but it will need to have more amenities than the one going up over there, like bathrooms located where you don't have to walk down God knows how many flights of stairs. I haven't seen any drawings of their "club area" so I don't know how it compares to RayJay's, though...

Seriously, have you ever been to Clemson, UGA, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame, etc.  Believe me, if none of these schools have an RJS type stadium, why would we?

Why wouldn't we? Who says we have to do things just like those other schools?? We've already set ourselves up as innovators in what we've done in just 10 short years .... Would it kill to think outside the box here??

Last I checked it was about money.  And that is one area, where USF struggles the most.

Now ...... that's why we wait to do something until we have the respurces to do it the right way .... OUR way.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Triple B, I see what you are saying, but honestly I can't think of one college stadium that takes any of that stuff into consideration.  When we get one, it will be ours, so we'll love it no matter what.  I hope you guys like bench seating.............because individual seating isnt going to happen for the majority of the stadium.

Be Realistic People.

Archived