USF Fundraiser Is On The Money ($500M - $1B)

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

They need to drop all the plans for that other **** and get an OCS already.

Congrats on USF finally "seeing the light" that playing off-campus at the Bucs NFL Stadium doesn't help promote USF as much as an on-campus stadium can/does.

USF leaders realize that the #1 event for bringing alumni BACK TO CAMPUS is on-campus football games...and every school knows that its those alumni that COME BACK TO CAMPUS are much more willing to donate their $$$$$ to their school (academics and athletics).

Smart move! Congrats in advance!

What's wrong with you?  There are NO plans to build an OCS right now.

You're replying to ONE USFer... not the administration.

[smiley=loser.gif]

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726

Just wanted to show some highlights of the strategic plan...

"Build a sustainable campus environment at USF that meets the criteria

Carnegie classification as a “primarily residential†campus..."

"USF’s State University System of Florida Peer Institutions

University of Florida

Florida State University"

We are heading in the RIGHT direction folks...its gonna take a little more time and effort.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  280

and by the way - the student activities, MC pages look pretty bad as well. those were also mentioned in my letters and I cced the dean of student services. The second time I e mailed to remind them that nothing had been done to fix the sites - I was met with the same response. Students and FL tax payers are paying a lot of money for apathy.

Definitely. If you notice...by clicking on the "prospective students" link, it takes you to a page that is consistent with the theme of the homepage. But when you click on "Our Students" right next to it, it takes you to a page that was left over from the previous website theme. My theory is that they're gradually working on all the links to conform them with the newer homepage theme, but I agree with you, the theme needs to be axed before proceeding.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about our website. IMO, it's the first thing that possible future students go to when inquiring about where to go to school. If there's one thing I've always believed, it is to not underestimate the power of aesthetics. *Shout out to BigShoop on the uniform crusade!*

• Content Count:  478

the lobbying team also needs to work with the zoning commission to re-district the university area - people complain that college kids are making ybor less of a family friendly place. well, maybe if they had places to go by campus besides the greenery (or that other place - baba-something)  - the kids would stay up in that end of town. would also cut down on drunk driving if kids could walk to bars/clubs and create more of a university town in that area. I also think that business owners would jump at the chance to open a bar/restaurant within walking distance.  just a thought.

the lobbying team also needs to work with the zoning commission to re-district the university area - people complain that college kids are making ybor less of a family friendly place. well, maybe if they had places to go by campus besides the greenery (or that other place - baba-something)  - the kids would stay up in that end of town. would also cut down on drunk driving if kids could walk to bars/clubs and create more of a university town in that area. I also think that business owners would jump at the chance to open a bar/restaurant within walking distance.  just a thought.

Belle, what year did you graduate?

I know that a few places have opened up around campus.

The University Area Hangout is one...

Interesting pictures BTW... http://www.thehangoutbar.com/uahangout/3.html

I wish this place was opened before I graduated.

cool! (I graduated a while ago thankyouverymuch). I wish more places like that would open up. It looks so fun! Well, fun if I were 20.  :D

but wait - thats on Amberly - I was thinking about something right across the street. something residents could walk to. USFSP has a great bar on campus -- USF Tampa needs more of those - but o campus or right across the street. no driving required- thats what I meant. I don't think the surrounding area is zoned for many places. I could be wrong though.

but wait - thats on Amberly - I was thinking about something right across the street. something residents could walk to. USFSP has a great bar on campus -- USF Tampa needs more of those - but o campus or right across the street. no driving required- thats what I meant. I don't think the surrounding area is zoned for many places. I could be wrong though.

I believe the new student union will address this.

And c'mon... it's not that far.  ;)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=2025%20E%20Fowler%20Ave&city=Tampa&state=FL&zipcode=33612%2d5503&country=US&title=%3cb%3e2025%20E%20Fowler%20Ave%3c%2fb%3e%3cbr%20%2f%3e%20Tampa%2c%20FL%2033612%2d5503%2c%20%20US&cid=lfmaplink2&name=

Oh and the reason I was asking about your graduation year was because many alumni say this and that, but haven't been on campus in a while.  That's all.

I believe the new student union will address this.

And c'mon... it's not that far.  ;)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=2025%20E%20Fowler%20Ave&city=Tampa&state=FL&zipcode=33612%2d5503&country=US&title=%3cb%3e2025%20E%20Fowler%20Ave%3c%2fb%3e%3cbr%20%2f%3e%20Tampa%2c%20FL%2033612%2d5503%2c%20%20US&cid=lfmaplink2&name=

Oh and the reason I was asking about your graduation year was because many alumni say this and that, but haven't been on campus in a while.  That's all.

lets see...the last time I was on campus was - ummm... sometime last summer perhaps? I took my boyfriend (USC grad) to visit the campus. and true...its not that far -- but creating space where people can walk - creates a different experience. wold be nice to see that area re-zoned so a lot of places could pop up next to each other. creates more of a campus vibe. you have classrooms, bars, restaurants and residences all next to each other.   But i like that more places have popped up.

Archived