USF Fundraiser Is On The Money ($500M - $1B)

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Great news! And a great hire.

By ADAM EMERSON The Tampa Tribune

Published: Apr 21, 2007

TAMPA - Preparing for its next official fundraising campaign, the University of South Florida hired the man to bring in the money.

The university announced Friday that it named J. Jeffrey Robison as its vice president of university advancement and chief executive officer of the USF Foundation.

Robison is a veteran fundraiser and has held similar posts at Florida State University and, most recently, Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.

His appointment comes at a critical time for USF, which is in the preliminary "quiet phase" of a fundraising campaign aiming for $500 million to $1 billion in private donations.

"Jeff Robison has a truly impressive track record, and we are very excited about his joining," USF President Judy Genshaft said in a written statement. "He has played an integral part in raising over $1.4 billion in four different university campaigns."

Robison starts at USF June 11 with a $250,000 salary.

He has been vice president of development for Case Western Reserve since 2005. He was president of the FSU Foundation from 1994 to 2005, where he oversaw fundraising of $870 million in two campaigns.

USF officials have been waiting to find a chief fundraiser before kicking off their official fundraising campaign. Robison replaces Michael Rierson, who left in fall 2005 after helping USF win a spot in the Big East conference of universities.

Robison has bachelor's and master's degrees from Ohio University. He is married to Nancy Stepina and has five children.

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBIR6IIR0F.html

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  280

Very exciting!

• Content Count:  2,726

Money Baby!!! WE NEED THAT MONEY!!!

Spread the word of USF!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :o

• Content Count:  808

I hate to bring it up, but....OCS?

In the "locked" OCS threat, JimUSFSig says:

4. Finances

A decent stadium will cost around $150 million.  Unlike RayJay, USF can not expect any taxpayer dollars to help.  So the funds need to come from either private donations or the sale of bonds or a combination of the two.

1 billiion dollars could build us a state of the art stadium, state of the art facilities for all our other athletic programs, make a few new parking garages, and give academics a boost to boot.  And there'd be enough left over for CJL's precious dining facility.

If someone knows that this $$$ is slotted for something else, please correct me so I dont get my hopes up for nothing

Well, there are lots of things that the University will be building within the next 5-10 years.

Ground-breaking on the NEW USF School of Music will take place next semester.  I believe some of this fundraising needs to go to that.  (about 55 million) Then, there is the NEW Marshall Center which will be completed by summer of 08.  This is another chunk of change.  Baseball stadium renovations...a little more.  All the new buildings for the Health and Medical Schools need money.  

However, 1 billion is a large amount to ask for renovations and some additions.  I think I smell an OCS brewing in this quest for a billion.  Perhaps?

TheBullring.jpg

LETS BUILD IT!!!

• Content Count:  624

They need to drop all the plans for that other **** and get an OCS already.

Hey, the NEW School of Music isn't CRAP!!!

Even though I'm a trumpet performance major, i still want the OCS!!!

I hate to bring it up, but....OCS?

In the "locked" OCS threat, JimUSFSig says:

4. Finances

A decent stadium will cost around $150 million.  Unlike RayJay, USF can not expect any taxpayer dollars to help.  So the funds need to come from either private donations or the sale of bonds or a combination of the two.

1 billiion dollars could build us a state of the art stadium, state of the art facilities for all our other athletic programs, make a few new parking garages, and give academics a boost to boot.  And there'd be enough left over for CJL's precious dining facility.

If someone knows that this $$$ is slotted for something else, please correct me so I dont get my hopes up for nothing

I'm sure some small amount of the money will go to athletics... like the $50+ million in facilities currently planned... more of it will go to building some academic facilities.. but I'm sure a substantial portion of that money will go to the endowment.  I think it's fair to say that none of it is slated for an on campus football stadium.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Thats certainly a range. $500M to $1 Billion!

Either way al that money will work wonders for the school wherever it is used.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

...  I think it's fair to say that none of it is slated for an on campus football stadium.

I agree.

When we have a SEASON of the upper deck opened each game and 25K season tix, then there will be serious talk about an OCS, not until.

And I think that within 5 years, we'll have serious talk ... and a stadium in 10 years.

The other things mentioned are much more important for the university - at this time.

:GoBulls

Archived