Great Crowd Tonight

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Eco Nerd, which one were you?  I was in that section too.

Far right, mid way up along the fence. It was me and a buddy and about the third or fourth inning a third buddy showed up.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

You didn't see any Greek people there because, like I said before, they don't give 2 craps about our Athletics or the University. They only care about showing off their stupid "letters" and acting "cool". And yes I was sitting right behind Matt Grothe, he sits in almost the same spot everytime. He, Ben Busbee (TE) and 2 other players were there. I also saw Jared Rubens (G/F) and 1 other B-ball player (hes got long shaggy blonde hair).

• Content Count:  10,219

did we win?

• Content Count:  624

yes, 10-5

• Content Count:  12,293

great job Bulls!!

i will be on a cruise this weekend so i will miss the rutgers series but i will be at the Ga Tech games.

• Content Count:  2,726

You didn't see any Greek people there because, like I said before, they don't give 2 craps about our Athletics or the University. They only care about showing off their stupid "letters" and acting "cool".

Let me start off by saying that SOME of this is true.  HOWEVER I, along with(im sure) MANY OTHER fraternity members across campus, HAD NO IDEA that it was "greek-day" or whatever at the Game.  I've been making it a point to be at every game since the first game I attended this year vs. Florida.  I am a member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity on campus and HEARD NOTHING about this greek day until I stepped into the stadium and one of my brothers(who wasnt informed until showing up at the game) told me it was some kind of greek day and they had free food.  This is another example of POOR advertising on the USF Campus for sporting events.  Your telling me that college kids dont want to EAT FREE FOOD, oh...and BTW watch OUR Bad-Ass Baseball team beat-up on an In-State Foe like UCF?All while wearing greek letters and spreading the word of their cause?Oh and did I mention FREE FOOD!!!

Please don't call out the Greeks on campus because(OBVIOIUSLY) there are MANY underlying issues, regarding our Sports Event Marketing and Advertising AROUND CAMPUS!!!

With utmost respect for those on this board...GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,307

When people usually mean Greeks they mean the social ones, you know Tri Delts, Sig Eps, Sigma Nu's...ect..  I've seen Phi Mu guys before at games, so I know some of your members support the team.  However, other Greeks do not.

• Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

You didn't see any Greek people there because, like I said before, they don't give 2 craps about our Athletics or the University. They only care about showing off their stupid "letters" and acting "cool". And yes I was sitting right behind Matt Grothe, he sits in almost the same spot everytime. He, Ben Busbee (TE) and 2 other players were there. I also saw Jared Rubens (G/F) and 1 other B-ball player (hes got long shaggy blonde hair).

I remember the last time that we played Michigan at home in B-ball, and one of the Greek associations went ahead and wore their blue and gold shirts.   Just about made me puke.  That right there told me that they are all about themselves and don't care about the way that they made the school look.  No excuse for something like that.

• Content Count:  1,479

You didn't see any Greek people there because, like I said before, they don't give 2 craps about our Athletics or the University. They only care about showing off their stupid "letters" and acting "cool".

Let me start off by saying that SOME of this is true.  HOWEVER I, along with(im sure) MANY OTHER fraternity members across campus, HAD NO IDEA that it was "greek-day" or whatever at the Game.  I've been making it a point to be at every game since the first game I attended this year vs. Florida.  I am a member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity on campus and HEARD NOTHING about this greek day until I stepped into the stadium and one of my brothers(who wasnt informed until showing up at the game) told me it was some kind of greek day and they had free food.  This is another example of POOR advertising on the USF Campus for sporting events.  Your telling me that college kids dont want to EAT FREE FOOD, oh...and BTW watch OUR Bad-Ass Baseball team beat-up on an In-State Foe like UCF?All while wearing greek letters and spreading the word of their cause?Oh and did I mention FREE FOOD!!!

Please don't call out the Greeks on campus because(OBVIOIUSLY) there are MANY underlying issues, regarding our Sports Event Marketing and Advertising AROUND CAMPUS!!!

With utmost respect for those on this board...GO BULLS!!!

The womens game against UCONN this season was the big push to get the Greeks out, they came out, sat in the second level wearing their stuff(none of which is green or gold or has a USF logo on it) most of whom left by the start of the 2nd half(when we were only down 6). When the check was presented, the rest that were there stood up and left.

• Content Count:  478

awww did you not get a bid?  :'( Like I said - speak for yourself and don't try to be the native informant for a whole group. You don't like em. So what? I hate to be a troublemaker but you arent doing anything to create community by bashing other student groups.

Archived