Bulls could learn from Bealls and Rays!

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  1

The best marketing that USF can do right now (other than by attracting season ticket holders) is to do High School nights. $10 tickets (end zone and/or upper deck) with a high school ID.

Make a USF football game a popular hang out for the teens. It will put butts into the seats and it will begin to create many new, young fans. This is the best way to compete in households in which mom/dad/uncle/grandpa are fans of other college teams.

Eric, is there anyway that you guys can make this happen? The WVU game on a Friday night would be a really good trial run.

Brian remember football on friday night is still HS night, pick another game for your idea and it could work!  I still think the upper deck could be utilized better... Yes I know it costs more to open that section up... Yada Yada Yada, but the more butts in the seats the better...  I think the only real effort to bring HS kids in is by asking hs players and their coaches to come out...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

That's a good point T-Man, I hadn't thought about the Friday angle. Well, the Saturday game against UCF would be a great candidate as well. The only problem with that game is that it is apparently going to be a day game. I guess any of the Saturday night games would work.

I have a feeling that the problems associated with having more HS kids at the game is being blown a bit out of proportion. For one, having to pay like 8 or 10 dollars would eliminate most kids just looking to loiter and goof off. They can do that for free at a mall or outside a movie theater. Secondly, USF plays an exciting brand of football, and if the house is packed and the place is going nuts, the HS kids will follow suit, watch the game, and cheer on the Bulls.

If the only way to end ignorant bigotry is to start with the next generation, it stands to reason that the only way to end the ignorance of local kids growing up fans of other Florida universities is to reach them while they are still young and can be "saved".

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

i understand the rays have a larger marketing budget, but USF needs to at the very least, take some notes. cause what the rays doing is workin a lot faster than what USF is doin.

• Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

Can you pick which day you want tickets for?

Archived