• Days Won:  0

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827

FYI...Devil Rays have 81 home games they are trying to sell to the average fan....and most locals know the playoffs are only a "dream".

USF has only SIX Football Games to sell...and most fans cheerish Fall Saturdays (i.e. its more than just a game...its a PARTY!).

But in terms of fan base, they are very VERY similar.

- Rays have budding superstars and a bunch of fans afraid to dump their yankees, red sox, and braves gear.

USF has a budding program with the same problem, fans afraid to dump their uf, fsu, and um gear.

- Rays have a stadium that, although a nice place to watch a game, feels "out of place".

USF play in a stadium that, although a nice place to watch a game, doesnt feel "like home".

- Rays have a tv contract that, although its nice to watch more games, who really knows where to find ION Network on the cable dial?

USF have a tv contract that, although its nice to watch more games, who really knows what channel theyll be on week in and week out?

USF really should take a page out of the Rays book in the next couple years. The Rays tv ratings, radio ratings, attendance, web hits, and merchandise sales are all up. They've also expanded their viewing and listening areas to include more of the gulf coast and more of central florida. Let's hope USF follows suit.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Went there today and purchased two d-ray shirts for game.. Both were 30% off as usual...Then when I checked out with total price of 27 bucks (If you spend 25+ on dray gear you get two tickets), I was then given two upper deck tickets to May 20th Dray-Marlin game (8 bucks a piece!)  Seems to me that is a great idea. Bulls could do the same deal and give to upper deck tickets to the ucf game... Marketing gem:  You get to put Bulls wear on new fans and you give them a ticket to the game!   One game one time.... Man does this make sense (cents)!

FYI...Devil Rays have 81 home games they are trying to sell to the average fan....and most locals know the playoffs are only a "dream".

USF has only SIX Football Games to sell...and most fans cheerish Fall Saturdays (i.e. its more than just a game...its a PARTY!).

Wow, KL. You're about to have 3,000 posts on a USF board...I was excited about hitting 300. I'm such a horrible fan

::)

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

You would think that back home there would be a bunch of USF gear all over the Bay Area stores.

One would think...BUT when you visit stores on fowler ave and surrounding the University(esp.University Mall), you see more FSU, UM, and UF stuff than Bulls stuff. >:(  

University Mall should be called University of Florida Mall.  I swear, i see almost as much gators stuff THERE as I do when I visit friends in Gainesville.  Its SICKENING!!!  Its a FACT people...we are LOSING the PSYCHOLOGICAL WAR in our own BACKYARD!!! How can we hope to sell mechandise across the state or the country if we cant even get LOCAL University stores to support us?  :-/

Gotta agree to you to some point, but you gotta understand the friggin gayturds have been playing football for twice as long as our school has been open...  I know you're impatient about seeing USF everywhere, But I promise it soon will be. With the BULLS football team doing well this season (beating auburn and winning the B.E.), you'll start to see more and more merch on the shelves.  

BUT If you wanna see USF at your favorite stores....    You're gonna have to ask for it. Better yet, DEMAND IT!

If you want to get official USF colored paint at Lowe's...  Demand it.

If you keep complaining that USF can't get canopy tents... (and you know who you are) Demand it.

If you want ANYTHING with USF on it...  Get off your butts and do something about it! It's in YOUR hands people!

• Content Count:  2,923

Rezz, where is the new Kohls?  I would like to check it out for Bulls gear.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,256
  • Days Won:  29

Rays give away tix, they still make money on parking and concession. USF would not.

I like the thought, but I would say that the average fan buying Bulls gear in August to November most likely already have tix. We have thousands of students and they get it free ...

USF is slowly building a fan base (180 more tix sold Saturday at the game alone).

I have 8 tix and this was the first year I was able to get 4 of them committed to people.

• Content Count:  3,185

This is a good marketing deal for the Rays, as they do play 81 times in St. Pete, we only have 6 home dates, theoretically making our tickets more valuable.

• Content Count:  12,293

Rezz, where is the new Kohls?  I would like to check it out for Bulls gear.

its in Brandon, off of Causway, right next to Costco.

• Content Count:  2,726

BUT If you wanna see USF at your favorite stores....    You're gonna have to ask for it. Better yet, DEMAND IT!

If you want to get official USF colored paint at Lowe's...  Demand it.

If you keep complaining that USF can't get canopy tents... (and you know who you are) Demand it.

If you want ANYTHING with USF on it...  Get off your butts and do something about it! It's in YOUR hands people!

Ditto on that note...you seem to be my kind of Bull Fan Mutt.

Take Care!

• Content Count:  594

For the record, the Rays make nothing on parking. It's been free for two years now.

The Rays could make money by PAYING people to attend their games, but that's an economic theory baseball's not yet ready to accept.

(It's quite complicated, but the short part of it is this: you take the median amount someone provides in profit [a $7.50 beer =about $5.50 profit], multiply it by 1/3, and that's how much you could pay someone to attend the game and still come out ahead. If the average fan spends $20 at the game, $12 of that profit, you could pay them $4 to attend and still come out ahead; also, you increase fan interest and gain a marginal value per fan in team performance.)

Archived