BULLS shirts for 2007 season...please read **UPDATED 6/14/2007

BullsDude08

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

What sizes do these shirts come in, my friend asked me and i wasn't sure.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

I picked up my shirt today too!! They are awesome...

This may **** some people off but...these shirts are our gameday shirts. They made 10,000 so there is a limit (which will hopefully be met) and I believe that priority goes to the students, since it's funded by the AD and SG. There are plans in the works about selling these on gameday at RJS but if worse comes to worse I'll buy, like, 100 of them and sell them out of the truck of my car before the game, bootleg-style. That is great that groups around the US want these shirts and there is a demand for them but you should buy them before the game you attend. The goal is 10,000 shirts at RJS on Saturday...not 4,500 shirts at RJS; 1,000 in Chicago; 1,200 in Atlanta; 50 in Connecticut; and 7 in Gillette, Wyoming on Gameday.

So, once the student government demand has subsided, I think the pecking order would go something like this: 1. Alumni/faculty/staff 2. Fans at RJS, gameday 3. available to the general public.

Keep in mind that these are our first ever coordinated GAMEDAY shirts and are meant to build tradition and unity amongst bulls fans in RJS. They aren't meant to be bought as a cheap workout shirt, only to save your favorite gray USF shirt for Saturdays. Don't even buy 2 for yourself just because they are $5...it's defeating the purpose and it would be one less person in the stands that can buy one..

I fully agree with you on this one.  I know that many students probably would not like the fact that their fees are being spent on people that are not other students.

These shirts should be sold to students only...then if interest goes down it should be sold to other parties (alumni, staff, ect).

Also agree on the whole "it's a GAMEDAY shirt".  That's where they should be worn.  Again, if interest goes down they can offer then else where.  The whole concept is for it to be worn on gamedays, why sell it to people in west bubble land if there is much demand at "home".

• Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

Just to inform everybody, the shirts are being sold for $5 for students and $6 for non-students (both prices are tax included).  I saw an article in todays Oracle that talked about the shirts, pretty good article if you ask me:

http://media.www.usforacle.com/media/storage/paper880/news/2007/06/18/News/TShirt.Campaign.Looks.To.Unify.School-2915807.shtml

In it, it talks about the funding for the shirts, $20000 came from athletics and $27700 came from SG.  Maybe the reason that the shirts are available to non-students is because the shirts were in-part funded by athletic, but since SG had funding as well, students get them at a discounted rate.

• Content Count:  624

I really hope that the Bullies club could try and unify with the other USF students for just 1 day of the week and where the "oUr shirt". The whole point of having these shirts made was for EVERYONE to where them, not just whoever didn't have another USF shirt to where.

• Content Count:  1,158

I really hope that the Bullies club could try and unify with the other USF students for just 1 day of the week and where the "oUr shirt". The whole point of having these shirts made was for EVERYONE to where them, not just whoever didn't have another USF shirt to where.

Exactly what the Bullies (Student Bulls Club) have been trying to do for the last 2 years.  Just because someone else comes along, don't expect them to stop the traditions they've been building.  I'll encourage them to wear their Student Bulls Club shirts to every game, not just 6 football games a year.

Eric

I'm very glad to hear that the SBC could put aside their "traditions" for 6 games a year to try and be a whole, unified student body all wearing the same exact shirt, THANKS!! But instead you want to continue to push the SBC that a very minimal number of students will end up joining.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'm very glad to hear that the SBC could put aside their "traditions" for 6 games a year to try and be a whole, unified student body all wearing the same exact shirt, THANKS!! But instead you want to continue to push the SBC that a very minimal number of students will end up joining.

Not true. It's more than you think. It's just that there's only a small group of us that all sit together. We will continue to wear our shirt just as we have done in the past, but we're probably ditching the gold shirt. Also, do you think the BeefStuds are going to be wearing those shirts? No.

I would hope that the BeefStuds would wear them. I thought both of those groups were together.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Nope two different groups.

Bullies/SBC have the green shirts.

BeefStuds wear hula skirts, body paint, and bull/viking horns.

• Content Count:  928

Exactly what the Bullies (Student Bulls Club) have been trying to do for the last 2 years.  Just because someone else comes along, don't expect them to stop the traditions they've been building.  I'll encourage them to wear their Student Bulls Club shirts to every game, not just 6 football games a year.

Eric

I don't get why the SBC is being stubborn about this either. I guess pride runs deep...

It would seem that this anti-conformity behavior is exactly the opposite of what the SBC would want. I recently joined the SBC (have yet to see a single benefit of it...but waiting patiently) but plan on wearing my oUr shirt for all the home games. It has the potential to affect the most people and reach to unify the biggest fan base. More people would rather pay $5 for a GAMEDAY shirt than pay $25 for two shirts and travel benefits right now. That the truth of it right now

Lets face it, at this still very early stage in our football program, there is a much better chance that 10,000 oUr shirts will be sold and worn far before there are 1,000 SBC members.

I believe more shirts have already been sold in less than a week than there are SBC members....

I'm not bashing SBC by any means. They are a great cause and in 50 years will be the oldest student fan club but I just can't understand why people can't work for a common goal sometimes.

SBC...swallow your BULLS PRIDE for 6 home games and get a shirt.   I know I'll be wearing my SBC shirts during away games.

Archived