BULLS shirts for 2007 season...please read **UPDATED 6/14/2007

BullsDude08

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  195
  • Days Won:  0

The shirts look good and for a great price!  There's just one thing I don't get though... what's with the whole "our shirts" thing.  I don't see the point of telling someone that the shirt I am wearing is my shirt.  Sorry if I am ignorant but I just don't get it.

Where does it say "our shirt" on the shirt ???

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

The shirts look good and for a great price!  There's just one thing I don't get though... what's with the whole "our shirts" thing.  I don't see the point of telling someone that the shirt I am wearing is my shirt.  Sorry if I am ignorant but I just don't get it.

Where does it say "our shirt" on the shirt ???

One of the original posts mentioned that the sleeve has "oUr shirt" printed on it.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Just picked up my shirt. Looks very nice. However I won't be wearing it at any games, I'm sticking with the BULLIES. It's going to look awesome when the whole student section is wearing green.

• Content Count:  195

make them available online...  just a suggestion

That would be GREAT! All the Chicago people could wear them at our first event!  :D

By the way - if she needs help with marketing ideas - she can PM me or e mail me. I would be happy to help (i have a little background in sports marketing- worked for Sports Animal in PR all through undergrad) 

I dont have a whole lot of time - but can help a little bit if she needs it. After all, isnt that what an alumni are for?

Suggestion:  Have out of town chapters order them as a group and  shipped together to one address.    This would  save on shipping cost and will save a lot of volunteer work on campus processing and shipping orders.  Order processing, shipping and handling costs for a single shirt would be more than the $5 price of the shirt even with volunteer workers.

• Content Count:  928

I picked up my shirt today too!! They are awesome...

This may piss some people off but...these shirts are our gameday shirts. They made 10,000 so there is a limit (which will hopefully be met) and I believe that priority goes to the students, since it's funded by the AD and SG. There are plans in the works about selling these on gameday at RJS but if worse comes to worse I'll buy, like, 100 of them and sell them out of the truck of my car before the game, bootleg-style. That is great that groups around the US want these shirts and there is a demand for them but you should buy them before the game you attend. The goal is 10,000 shirts at RJS on Saturday...not 4,500 shirts at RJS; 1,000 in Chicago; 1,200 in Atlanta; 50 in Connecticut; and 7 in Gillette, Wyoming on Gameday.

So, once the student government demand has subsided, I think the pecking order would go something like this: 1. Alumni/faculty/staff 2. Fans at RJS, gameday 3. available to the general public.

Keep in mind that these are our first ever coordinated GAMEDAY shirts and are meant to build tradition and unity amongst bulls fans in RJS. They aren't meant to be bought as a cheap workout shirt, only to save your favorite gray USF shirt for Saturdays. Don't even buy 2 for yourself just because they are $5...it's defeating the purpose and it would be one less person in the stands that can buy one.

• Content Count:  2,363

This may **** some people off but...these shirts are our gameday shirts. They made 10,000 so there is a limit (which will hopefully be met) and I believe that priority goes to the students, since it's funded by the AD and SG. There are plans in the works about selling these on gameday at RJS but if worse comes to worse I'll buy, like, 100 of them and sell them out of the truck of my car before the game, bootleg-style. That is great that groups around the US want these shirts and there is a demand for them but you should buy them before the game you attend. The goal is 10,000 shirts at RJS on Saturday...not 4,500 shirts at RJS; 1,000 in Chicago; 1,200 in Atlanta; 50 in Connecticut; and 7 in Gillette, Wyoming on Gameday.

So, once the student government demand has subsided, I think the pecking order would go something like this: 1. Alumni/faculty/staff 2. Fans at RJS, gameday 3. available to the general public.

Keep in mind that these are our first ever coordinated GAMEDAY shirts and are meant to build tradition and unity amongst bulls fans in RJS. They aren't meant to be bought as a cheap workout shirt, only to save your favorite gray USF shirt for Saturdays. Don't even buy 2 for yourself just because they are $5...it's defeating the purpose and it would be one less person in the stands that can buy one.

Good point about them being a) Gamday and B) Student-fee funded. That said, as an out-of-state alum I'd still love to have one--any thoughts on partnering with the Alumni Association and getting them to get behind a batch? That way it wouldn't take away from the 10K currently available or from the student fees funding them...

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

This may **** some people off but...these shirts are our gameday shirts. They made 10,000 so there is a limit (which will hopefully be met) and I believe that priority goes to the students, since it's funded by the AD and SG. There are plans in the works about selling these on gameday at RJS but if worse comes to worse I'll buy, like, 100 of them and sell them out of the truck of my car before the game, bootleg-style. That is great that groups around the US want these shirts and there is a demand for them but you should buy them before the game you attend. The goal is 10,000 shirts at RJS on Saturday...not 4,500 shirts at RJS; 1,000 in Chicago; 1,200 in Atlanta; 50 in Connecticut; and 7 in Gillette, Wyoming on Gameday.

Seabull, I see your points, but c'mon.  If a person wants to wear it to work out, he should.  Also, if a person wants to wear their lucky gray USF shirt on gameday I don't see a problem with it.  Our problem at RayJay isn't color coordination of our fans, its just getting fans out to the games period.  If you want to wear green, that great, but it doesn't mean everyone has to do it.  After all, this is a student shirt first.  Whoever else wants to wear it can do so at their own discretion. 

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Where in the bookstore are they being sold?

• Content Count:  928

By all

Seabull, I see your points, but c'mon.  If a person wants to wear it to work out, he should.  Also, if a person wants to wear their lucky gray USF shirt on gameday I don't see a problem with it.  Our problem at RayJay isn't color coordination of our fans, its just getting fans out to the games period.  If you want to wear green, that great, but it doesn't mean everyone has to do it.  After all, this is a student shirt first.  Whoever else wants to wear it can do so at their own discretion. 

By all means wear the shirts how you see fit, I'm just stating (what I believe to be) the goals of this whole concept. I agree that our problem is with rear-ends in seats but this is another source of marketing too. It starts here, with the little things. We all want to be a part of something and this might hook the casual fan that doesn't realize how special the Bulls are with or without the shirts.

Just to let you know...if you see me wearing my "oUr shirt" (doesn't exactly have a nice ring) on a Wednesday, that only means I'll be wearing that shirt twice in a 7 day period. I too have a choice between a bullies shirt and some other green ones but I'll be wearing this one, because I know that in theory, 9,999 other fans will be wearing theirs too at RJS.

NOTE: oUr shirts are being sold at INFORMATION in the marshall center, not at the bookstore

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Where in the bookstore are they being sold?

Not bookstore. Marshall Center Information Deck.

Archived