;D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

WHY does everyone not like BULLS Heaven? It is my favorite personally, I dislike Bulls Outfitter a lot!

1st - I think many people(like myself) are upset at Bull/Bucs Heaven because they sold UF Nat'l Championship T-shirts.

2nd - Bulls Outfitter ONLY SELLS USF MERCHANDISE....they don't share their store with the local NFL team.

Honestly, as long as more stores sell USF gear, thats fine with me.  We need to win the marketing war in our own backyard!

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

I don't care if they are marked up for alumni, that is fair.  I will buy at least two-three.  I would like to order them online, if possible.  I live up in Hernando county.

• Content Count:  1,532

So they are using SG money to fund the shirts, but even alumni can buy them?  They can't do that...

-Mag

To get everyone up to speed on Florida Statute:

F.S.S. 1009.24 9a:

Each university board of trustees shall establish a student activity and service fee on the main campus of the university. The university board may also establish a student activity and service fee on any branch campus or center. Any subsequent increase in the activity and service fee must be recommended by an activity and service fee committee, at least one-half of whom are students appointed by the student body president. The remainder of the committee shall be appointed by the university president. A chairperson, appointed jointly by the university president and the student body president, shall vote only in the case of a tie. The recommendations of the committee shall take effect only after approval by the university president, after consultation with the student body president, with final approval by the university board of trustees. An increase in the activity and service fee may occur only once each fiscal year and must be implemented beginning with the fall term. The State Board of Education is responsible for promulgating the rules and timetables necessary to implement this fee.

(B)The student activity and service fees shall be expended for lawful purposes to [highlight]benefit the student body in general.[/highlight] This shall include, but [highlight]shall not be limited to,[/highlight] student publications and grants to duly recognized student organizations, the membership of which is open to all students at the university without regard to race, sex, or religion. The fund may not benefit activities for which an admission fee is charged to students, except for student-government-association-sponsored concerts. [highlight]The allocation and expenditure of the fund shall be determined by the student government association of the university[/highlight], except that the president of the university may veto any line item or portion thereof within the budget when submitted by the student government association legislative body. The university president shall have 15 school days from the date of presentation of the budget to act on the allocation and expenditure recommendations, which shall be deemed approved if no action is taken within the 15 school days. If any line item or portion thereof within the budget is vetoed, the student government association legislative body shall within 15 school days make new budget recommendations for expenditure of the vetoed portion of the fund. If the university president vetoes any line item or portion thereof within the new budget revisions, the university president may reallocate by line item that vetoed portion to bond obligations guaranteed by activity and service fees. Unexpended funds and undisbursed funds remaining at the end of a fiscal year shall be carried over and remain in the student activity and service fund and be available for allocation and expenditure during the next fiscal year.

It says that the A&S fee must "benefit the student body in general."  It also states that the SG shall allocate, expend, and determine hows funds are allocated and expended.

One could say that this project BENEFITS the student body by creating an aura of pride in our stadium.  Obviously, the SG has the right to allocate and spend the funds.

No offical opinion has been released, but this could be a possible route.  The laws do not block the use of fees on non-students.

• Content Count:  1,532

BullsBucs Heaven is the offical sponsor of Athletics and has the only rights to sell bulls gear at RJS.  Thats the only reason why an external outfitter is even involved, just so we can sell them at RJS.  SG wants as few hands in the pot as possible.

• Content Count:  624

WHY does everyone not like BULLS Heaven? It is my favorite personally, I dislike Bulls Outfitter a lot!

1st - I think many people(like myself) are upset at Bull/Bucs Heaven because they sold UF Nat'l Championship T-shirts.

2nd - Bulls Outfitter ONLY SELLS USF MERCHANDISE....they don't share their store with the local NFL team.

Honestly, as long as more stores sell USF gear, thats fine with me.  We need to win the marketing war in our own backyard!

GO BULLS!!!

O.k. I had never heard of them selling gators stuff in their store before just now, so I understand now why BULLS fans would dislike them. But they do support USF alot too by giving 10% discount, giving out tickets to USF Sporting events for FREE to fans that come in, and other stuff. The only time I went into Bulls Outfitter, an older man was the only one working and just seemed really rude to my friend and I, who were there for the 1st time. It didn't leave a good impression.

• Content Count:  12,293

everyone just buy a shirt.  who cares from where.

• Content Count:  624

Rezz, you are exactly right! As long as we can get as many people to BUY & WEAR them on gamedays, then who cares how they get them.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,346
  • Days Won:  490

Indeed, just get a **** shirt and hold the whole "better store" debate for the games.  Bulls/Bucs Heaven is the "official web retailer" of USF.  If they're good enough for USF, they're good enough for me, as is BullsOutfitter.  End of story.  

• Content Count:  12,293

anyone who carries bulls gear is ok with me.  specially one that has Bulls in the store title.  so what if they carry gators stuff after a national title.  we can't have some a complex about gators.  we are surrounded by them.  tampa is a great city to work in, probably best in the state, so its only natural that we have a lot of alumni from the largest school in the state here.

Archived