BULLS shirts for 2007 season...please read **UPDATED 6/14/2007

BullsDude08

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

This is just a guess, cause I really don't know what everyone's goals are, but you are not going to get the whole student population to join SBC.  It's a club and it's fine that not everyone will join.  You also will not get everyone to be a BeefStud, and that is fine too.

As an Alumni I look at the 'oUr shirts' as a way for everyone else to feel a since of pride and unity in supporting the football team and showing up for the games.  If you are already part of a club, it probably wasn't aimed at you. 

Maybe this unity will make someone want to eventually join SBC or BS.  I think the goal of SBC is to cultivate Bulls Club donors down the road, which is great.

I think as long as you are wearing green (shirt or no shirt) and cheering on the team, no one will care what the shirt or chest has on it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

This is just a guess, cause I really don't know what everyone's goals are, but you are not going to get the whole student population to join SBC.  It's a club and it's fine that not everyone will join.  You also will not get everyone to be a BeefStud, and that is fine too.

As an Alumni I look at the 'oUr shirts' as a way for everyone else to feel a since of pride and unity in supporting the football team and showing up for the games.  If you are already part of a club, it probably wasn't aimed at you. 

Maybe this unity will make someone want to eventually join SBC or BS.  I think the goal of SBC is to cultivate Bulls Club donors down the road, which is great.

I think as long as you are wearing green (shirt or no shirt) and cheering on the team, no one will care what the shirt or chest has on it.

Amen!

• Content Count:  1,532

Someone got the idea!  It would be good if alot of people bought the "our shirt".... but it wasnt aimed at the involved crowed.  It was aimed at getting more people involved!  Everyone is welcome to buy one anyway!

• Content Count:  545

I totally agree with everything you have said. 

SBC will continue to wear the Bullies shirts.  It is not like the shirts will stand out as different from everyone else.  I am sure that the Beef Studs will also continue painting up for the games, which is great. We will all be wearing green and MOST IMPORTANTLY WE WILL ALL BE CHEERING ON THE BULLS!!!

The whole point of SBC is to get students involved as donors.  I think we need to encourage as many people as possible to be a part of USF athletics.  Personally I would love to see a lot involved in SBC but if getting people involved in athletics means wearing the "our shirts", joining SBC, or becoming a Beef Stud then thats fine with me as long as all these students are attending games and that meansall sports not just football.

There are not many Schools if any that have the entire student body that wear the exact same shirts.  Most schools wear the same color which if we do at USF it will be great.

• Content Count:  385

Got Mine!!!  They look great.  Why aren't they selling them in the book store?  It doesn't make much sense. That's where most of the students go to look for USF gear.

• Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

Got Mine!!!  They look great.  Why aren't they selling them in the book store?  It doesn't make much sense. That's where most of the students go to look for USF gear.

I'm going to assume it's because the bookstore is actually run by Barnes and Noble and they may have wanted a percentage of sales for letting SG sell them there.  It's not like there are signs all over campus, I saw one on my way towards the Tampa Room and one hanging from the Info Desk.

• Content Count:  385

The girl at the desk was making signs when I stopped by.  There was only one sign taped and hardly readable to the desk.  When I asked about it in the bookstore they didn't even know about it.  I had to show them the article in the Oracle so they would understand what I was talking about.

I'm not worried about it right now.  Most students won't even know about it until the fall.  I expect to see a lot more then. 

In the mean time I love my shirt, but I have a dilemma now....Every gameday, home or away I wear my lucky jersey. What should I wear to the home games? 

• Content Count:  624

The girl at the desk was making signs when I stopped by.  There was only one sign taped and hardly readable to the desk.  When I asked about it in the bookstore they didn't even know about it.  I had to show them the article in the Oracle so they would understand what I was talking about.

I'm not worried about it right now.  Most students won't even know about it until the fall.  I expect to see a lot more then. 

In the mean time I love my shirt, but I have a dilemma now....Every gameday, home or away I wear my lucky jersey. What should I wear to the home games? 

You can always wear your lucky jersey while tailgating and after the game, but definitely change into your "oUr shirt" for the actual game! That would be great.

• Content Count:  473

You can always wear your lucky jersey while tailgating and after the game, but definitely change into your "oUr shirt" for the actual game! That would be great.

But we need the luck during the game, not before and after the game!!!!  So wear the shirt under the jersey or the jersey under the shirt!!    ;)

• Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

Someone got the idea!  It would be good if alot of people bought the "our shirt".... but it wasnt aimed at the involved crowed.  It was aimed at getting more people involved!  Everyone is welcome to buy one anyway!

Will these shirts be printed yearly and with a different look and theme each year?

Archived