Sporting News

USFbulls0208

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  0

F%ck Auburn. F%ck the SEC. If we come to play, we'll beat them.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

That is a ridiculous statement.  Shows how little research they have done on USF.  The UConn loss was 2 years ago and we had a bad team, average at best, despite the bowl birth.  [highlight]That was mostly due to an anemic offense.[/highlight]  That comment doesn't apply to the Grothe era, imo.  The 4 teams we lost to last year were all decent teams.  We beat all the "UConn's" on the sched last year.  

No more Rod Smith = great Offense.

• Content Count:  1,400

I liked this Quote aswell:

UCF: Take no more steps backward. George O'Leary hasn't left for a better job, and the school is set to open an on-campus stadium this fall. The only way the Knights can compete with the[highlight] Big FOUR in the state[/highlight] is to play so well in C-USA that the Big East can't ignore them any longer.

I love that big four comment its suttle but powerful.

• Content Count:  4,879

I liked this Quote aswell:
UCF: Take no more steps backward. George O'Leary hasn't left for a better job, and the school is set to open an on-campus stadium this fall. The only way the Knights can compete with the[highlight] Big FOUR in the state[/highlight] is to play so well in C-USA that the Big East can't ignore them any longer.

I love that big four comment its suttle but powerful.

BIG FOUR!   Say no more.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It's an accurate statement when it comes to the wins and losses.  It doesn't address the fact that we were still a developing team early in the season.

We may still have a chnce to sneak up on some people this year.

• Content Count:  1,260

I think the days of sneaking up are gradually coming to and end. We're going to have to mature to the point where we go into Louisville and Morgantown and EXPECT victory. That's the sign of a good program..and hopefully it begins this year. No more catching lucky breaks and surprising anyone.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think the days of sneaking up are gradually coming to and end. We're going to have to mature to the point where we go into Louisville and Morgantown and EXPECT victory. That's the sign of a good program..and hopefully it begins this year. No more catching lucky breaks and surprising anyone.

I believe the team and the coaches expect victory.  We have to have the respect that the fans and press expect victory.  That needs to be earned

• Content Count:  928

I believe the team and the coaches expect victory.  We have to have the respect that the fans and press expect victory.  That needs to be earned

About sneaking up on people, I agree with Blade. There was a post on the Rutgers board regarding a BIG EAST prediction and it had USF before RU. The fans were saying how USF is "everyone and their mothers dark horse" and that we are overrated coming into the season. I don't agree with being overrated but when we are everyones dark horse, we no longer become the dark horse.

We aren't overrate because we have never been rated to begin with...we are still in the "receiving votes" category in the media's eye.

But, we are no longer the dark horse for the conference. People are now expecting us to route below .500 teams and give teams like WV, UofL, RU, and Auburn a run for their money...AUBURN!! one cannot be a dark horse if expected to compete with AUBURN. I can honestly say that I don't think ESPN would pick a big east upset if it were Auburn vs. RU.

No more sneaking up on people, and rightfully so...WE'RE GOOD!!!

Go Bulls!!  :GoBulls

Archived