Sharpiegate..and the response

bulls96go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, what is he deal with Hill. Last I heard he was in camp..but he was coming back.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,801
  • Days Won:  213

Mutt-- these guys aren't professionals -- they are college kids. Sure-- they have rules to follow but is it 100% serious all the time? I'll bet the sharpie thing was more of trying to have a little fun on the field. He's never done that crap in a game to my knowledge (oh boy-- here come the comments about him not getting in the end zone to be able to do those things).

Smells like he has done something else and this situation was just not cool with CJL. I can live with that and if he wants back on the field he will have to measure up to what CJL asks for (yikes).

ps....

I am tired of people consistently crapping all over players on this board. A guy drops a pass or does this or that wrong and here comes the cavalry of people telling us what a jerk the guy is for it. It never ends. Penalties, missed tackles, drops, etc etc--- as if we have robots out there that are immune to any imperfections. DO you honestly think they aren't trying their asses off on every play? How about a little acknowledgement for that type of effort or perhaps some understanding that these are 18-22 year old kids who have all the maturity of any other kids in college?

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

I couldn't care less if Carlton Hill never set foot on campus again. What a bust.

ditto

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,801
  • Days Won:  213

I couldn't care less if Carlton Hill never set foot on campus again. What a bust.

ditto

lots of potential-- don't count him out yet

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

Mutt-- these guys aren't professionals -- they are college kids. Sure-- they have rules to follow but is it 100% serious all the time? I'll bet the sharpie thing was more of trying to have a little fun on the field. He's never done that crap in a game to my knowledge (oh boy-- here come the comments about him not getting in the end zone to be able to do those things).

Smells like he has done something else and this situation was just not cool with CJL. I can live with that and if he wants back on the field he will have to measure up to what CJL asks for (yikes).

ps....

I am tired of people consistently crapping all over players on this board. A guy drops a pass or does this or that wrong and here comes the cavalry of people telling us what a jerk the guy is for it. It never ends. Penalties, missed tackles, drops, etc etc--- as if we have robots out there that are immune to any imperfections. DO you honestly think they aren't trying their asses off on every play? How about a little acknowledgement for that type of effort or perhaps some understanding that these are 18-22 year old kids who have all the maturity of any other kids in college?

Granted, but if I knew I was on anybody's $h!t list to begin with, I wouldn't add fuel to the fire...

• Content Count:  9,038

^exactly right...

• Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

I brought a Budweiser lawn chair and a cooler out to practice to watch a fall scrimmage when I was hemmed up in a leg boot in 2000... I received a suspension as well. A sharpie... come on... that is amateur!

• Content Count:  9,038

^how did you hurt your leg?

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Hey, remember that you are talking aboutr a coach that threw a few players out of practice last spring for WALKING back to the locker room to get the thigh pads which they forgot to bring to the practice.

If you remember, Grothe was the only one that didn't get thrown out of that practice because he sprinted back and forth to the locker room.

Leavitt is a master motivator and this is his way of getting the kids attention.  2 missed practices is not the end of the world in the spring.  It's a strong example for the rest of the guys that their crap will not be tolerated.  My guess is ther's still more behind the scenes than we know.

• Content Count:  738

and the Rutgers kicker was amazing

Snake's block to give us a chance at the end was even better.

Archived