Elon

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

You're welcome...

The FAU board has a thread about the Big East...didn't read it all, but it sounded like some thought they could join, but that C-USA was more likely.

Please don't forget to offer an invite back to our board...the season is a ways off still, but providing a link that could be bookmarked will help down the road..

The part about FAU joining the Big East is actually quite possible. A friend of mine just transferred back home to FAU from USF and he said there are talks and articles about them joining up. I think it could get done in a couple years.

more likely they drop football before joining big east

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The part about FAU joining the Big East is actually quite possible. A friend of mine just transferred back home to FAU from USF and he said there are talks and articles about them joining up. I think it could get done in a couple years.

****, Miami/South Florida always gets the best weed...

• Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

smack is always fun as lon as its kept in check.  prob with Out of Conf Smack is is that you have to do your research to dig up the dirt.  Like at least our FB team has 2 National Championships (NAIA).  Koodos to your team though youve come a long way since weve playd last shows what money and fan support can do.

JoeB No offence taken, We lost to  App by  that much due to a 5 min fal appart.  Were in 2 different leagues you get the better recrutes. our best chance will be trick plays and hope you guys wright it off as a win in spring pratice while we play to win all summer.  90% of me is saying Elon will upset USf 10% is tied up in a corner with a gag over his mouth keeping common sence company

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Trick plays huh?  We don't utilize trick plays at all...............OK, thats a lie, but hopefully we won't burn them up against Elon with Auburn waiting in the wings.

i have a feeling you wont use many against us you have bigger fish to fry.  I just hope theres no replay like the App NC state game where the NC state running back lowered his sholder and knocked the App defender 10 yards back.  Its verry funny when its not you

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Exactly.

• Content Count:  928

Elonphants:

Do you have any idea what your record is against D1 schools? What would you consider your best game?

I too think that if we are going to be where we need to be, anything less than a 21pt victory will be a disappointment. I also want a safe game for both teams. Good luck and we know what it means to be an underdog, so we have respect.

• Content Count:  18

Elonphants:

Do you have any idea what your record is against D1 schools? What would you consider your best game?

I too think that if we are going to be where we need to be, anything less than a 21pt victory will be a disappointment. I also want a safe game for both teams. Good luck and we know what it means to be an underdog, so we have respect.

Well, our record against D1 schools last year was 4-6 (we had a win against a D-II school).   Remember, Elon is D1 too!;D  Now if you mean I-A, or the now bowl division schools, it's 0-0.  You guys would be our first!  We have Wake next year and GT the year after.  

I think our best game may come from the 1st year we moved to I-AA in '99.  We were playing NC A&T, a  school that's only about 20 miles away.  They were ranked somewhere around 15 in the I-AA poll,  and no one had even heard of us.  We took them to the house for a 41-7 win!  That's probably my most memorable.  

Our best game was probably against Georgia Southern in '02.  They were ranked #1 and they were our homecoming game for some reason.  our record at the time was something like 2-7, and they were supposed to come in a blow us out of the water.  Things didn't end up that way.  Imagine this, you're playing the #1 team, they have a 4th and 15 with 1:30 left in the 4th.  The play is run, and you stop them!  You go wild!  Then about 5 seconds after the play was over, a flag comes flying in.  It took a phantom roughing the passer call, which even their fans said was BS, for them to beat us.  I would have to say that was our BEST game simply for the fact that we had a terrible football team, and gave the #1 a run for the money.

No offense taken by the way.  I expect you to beat us by 21+.  I'm just happy that a couple of our "NFL prospects" could show what they have against a good, nationally know bowl division team.

I was a fresh that year Managing the baseball team so i didnt know it was that big of game till after the fact(i was still there).  Now if you askd me about Baseball i could answering anything.  id say biggest game as far as everyting i can remember was A&T 06.  Now A&T sucked but we were going on a 3 game win streak at the start of the season.  we win crowd goes wild, football players come back get the fans even louder.  This was the first year we had a student group for the fans (phoenix Phanatics).  Next thing we know the football players start jumping into our section.  the good old Lembo Leap.  The reason I say that was our biggest game was becasue our fan support was at its highest i had ever seen.  well after that game we go on an upteen and nada win streak loosing the rest of our game and fiering the coach everyone wanted to see gone.  Our new coach has turned things around and next year you guys will be our biggest game in recent history.  well unless we beat app state for homecomming ::)

Archived