Elon

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

You're welcome...

The FAU board has a thread about the Big East...didn't read it all, but it sounded like some thought they could join, but that C-USA was more likely.

Please don't forget to offer an invite back to our board...the season is a ways off still, but providing a link that could be bookmarked will help down the road..

The part about FAU joining the Big East is actually quite possible. A friend of mine just transferred back home to FAU from USF and he said there are talks and articles about them joining up. I think it could get done in a couple years.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

Well, that would answer my question... which team will leapfrog UCF next, FIU or FAU?

• Content Count:  1,260

I've read that thread on the Big East on the FAU board. It's interesting to me that many there seem so confident that the Big East is the next logical step. The elephant in the room though is... "why FAU"? If USF has an identity problem, surely FAU is in a worse boat. For the life of me, I can't see how at this point they consider themselves a better candidate than Memphis, UCF, ECU etc.

They do bring a good TV market with them...but I think they're successes on and off the field have not been on the pace we experienced when we joined. Any talk of a conference move by them seems generated by their own fans...can't say that I've ever seen anything to suggest that Tranghese even knows they exist yet.

If it eventually happens, more power to them. I just don't see any substance to it...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Are you coming down when Elon plays us?  :-*

• Content Count:  18

Yeah, you guys are looking at the new board.  We had a site up on elonfans.com, but the owner took it down.  WE had a huge fan base on that site, but no one really knows about the new one.  

I am looking forward to the game in South Florida, but I won't be able to make it down.  Here's what Southerpigskin.com is saying about our rising stars:

"Senior quarterback Wes Pope earned All-SoCon honors last year so why am I including him in the rising star group? He was an unknown last year after moving from tight end and he possesses very good size for the position. He could be a player that the NFL takes a long look at if he has a big year. Junior linebacker Corey Weaver showed flashes of stardom last season and should have the chance to fully blossom with the graduation of All-American linebacker Chad Nkang. Sophomore wide receiver Terrell Hudgins had an All-American season last year and should establish himself not only as a top player in the nation but a future NFL prospect with the return of Pope. Senior defensive back Chris Bland defended eight passes last year, with four of them being interceptions, and he is expected to be one of the best safeties in the league this season. "

Our head coach is in his second year at Elon.  HE was the head coach of a very successful Lehigh program before he came to here.

Our boys like to run a lot of the trick plays.  We start 3 QBs, 2 lineup at receiver.  Terrel Hudgins was Mr.  North Caroliina football his senior year in high school and is about the size of Terrel Owens.   The loss of Chad Nkang may hurt us this year on defense (he should go in the 2nd round of the NFL draft).  

I hope the game is closer than I am expecting.  I think the last time we beat you guys was back in '97 by a score of 41-13.

• Content Count:  2,363

Elon folks--do y'all have a spring game or anything coming up? I wouldn't mind popping up the road and taking a look (I'm in Greensboro, currently working at UNCG [oh yeah, we're best friends  ;)])

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah, you guys are looking at the new board.  We had a site up on elonfans.com, but the owner took it down.  WE had a huge fan base on that site, but no one really knows about the new one.  

I am looking forward to the game in South Florida, but I won't be able to make it down.  Here's what Southerpigskin.com is saying about our rising stars:

"Senior quarterback Wes Pope earned All-SoCon honors last year so why am I including him in the rising star group? He was an unknown last year after moving from tight end and he possesses very good size for the position. He could be a player that the NFL takes a long look at if he has a big year. Junior linebacker Corey Weaver showed flashes of stardom last season and should have the chance to fully blossom with the graduation of All-American linebacker Chad Nkang. Sophomore wide receiver Terrell Hudgins had an All-American season last year and should establish himself not only as a top player in the nation but a future NFL prospect with the return of Pope. Senior defensive back Chris Bland defended eight passes last year, with four of them being interceptions, and he is expected to be one of the best safeties in the league this season. "

Our head coach is in his second year at Elon.  HE was the head coach of a very successful Lehigh program before he came to here.

Our boys like to run a lot of the trick plays.  We start 3 QBs, 2 lineup at receiver.  Terrel Hudgins was Mr.  North Caroliina football his senior year in high school and is about the size of Terrel Owens.   The loss of Chad Nkang may hurt us this year on defense (he should go in the 2nd round of the NFL draft).  

I hope the game is closer than I am expecting.  I think the last time we beat you guys was back in '97 by a score of 41-13.

Chad Nkang will not go in the 2nd Rd. I would bet my house on that. He will go in rd5-7 maybe UDFA. ]

• Content Count:  1,911

You're welcome...

The FAU board has a thread about the Big East...didn't read it all, but it sounded like some thought they could join, but that C-USA was more likely.

Please don't forget to offer an invite back to our board...the season is a ways off still, but providing a link that could be bookmarked will help down the road..

Some of the guys on the FAU board are downright insane.

• Content Count:  41

I bet nkang well be a sleeper, 2ed round dont know, but elon has major connections with the carolina panthers.  IE owners granddaughter goes there coach jon foxs son is looking to go there.  Sooo anything can happen.  LDB yes we have a spring game, ont you.  Ohh wait UNCG doesnt have football ;D  JK  our game is  6 p.m. Saturday, April 21 – SPRING GAME – Rhodes Stadium

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Elon's I-AA correct?

Archived