OUCH! USF Hoops talk in the Orl Slantinnel....

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

a. the orlando sentinel sucks

b. they only write things about usf because they know we are the only ones that read that rag

That being said, the USF job is tough, but not garbage.  It's not like we are in some crap conference that no matter what the coach does, it wouldn't be noticed.  Take it with a grain of salt and let net year do the talking for us.  GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  43

Everything he said is basically true... I will only disagree that recruiting Arkansas is a "heck of a lot easier" than USF.  Arkansas might have more tradition and better facilities, but I think recruiting kids to Tampa is a "heck of a lot" easier than Fayetteville.  

With all respect, it must not be THAT much easier. After all, Arkansas has won a national championship and has been to the NCAA tournament a bunch of times.

• Content Count:  709

Everything he said is basically true... I will only disagree that recruiting Arkansas is a "heck of a lot easier" than USF.  Arkansas might have more tradition and better facilities, but I think recruiting kids to Tampa is a "heck of a lot" easier than Fayetteville.  

That's ridiculous.

Hell, Tampa is a far better place than Lawrence, Tallahassee, Gainesville, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, and many, many others.

That doesn't mean those places do not get some of the best talent.

It will be a very difficult job.  But if he succeeds, all the better for him and USF.

• Content Count:  3,078

hooray for reading comprehension...

I didnt say getting a kid to USF was easier than Arkansas... I said Tampa is an easier sell than Fayetteville, not the schools, the city itself

Of course you can get kids to go to the other places because they all have top notch facilities, tradition, winning national championship opportunities, etc.  

• Content Count:  2,726

Wow, a CF fan thats not bashing?  Kudos to you MavTechKNIGHT2.  We'll take your kind here any day...

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  3,574

Wow, a CF fan thats not bashing?  Kudos to you MavTechKNIGHT2.  We'll take your kind here any day...

GO BULLS!!!

;D

You have a lot to learn  ;)

You should check out this "nice" guy in the dumbgeon.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

The article was written by Mike Huguenin who called USF the 2nd best football team in the state of Florida back in December.

So No. He wasn't out for blood. He was being honest. [highlight]Can you really disagree with what he said?[/highlight]

Do you really think he has any clue to the talent CSH will have available next year? While not UAF calibre, there will be 6 three star recruits available next year... a far cry from what has been available for as long as I can remember at USF... on paper.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The article was written by Mike Huguenin who called USF the 2nd best football team in the state of Florida back in December.

So No. He wasn't out for blood. He was being honest. [highlight]Can you really disagree with what he said?[/highlight]

Do you really think he has any clue to the talent CSH will have available next year? While not UAF calibre, there will be 6 three star recruits available next year... a far cry from what has been available for as long as I can remember at USF... on paper.

He did write an article about the USF transfers, and it included Holmes a few months ago. I think he has a good grasp on whats going on. He covers college sports nationally for the Sentinel.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/orl-collegeinsider007apr08,0,2664360.column?coll=orl-sports-col

So, we're sitting around the office, and talk turns to the six worst coaching jobs in the BCS leagues. Our "winners": Baylor from the Big 12, Colorado from the Big 12, Miami from the ACC, Nebraska from the Big 12, Penn State from the Big Ten and USF from the Big East. The worst of the worst could be USF, given how the rest of the Big East treats basketball. That doesn't bother new Bulls Coach Stan Heath, who was fired by Arkansas, then hired by USF last week. "We're going to win," he said at his introductory news conference. "And we're going to win real soon, a lot sooner than a lot of people think." Uhh, Stan: You're not going to win soon with the talent on hand. There's a reason USF has gone 4-28 in league play in its two seasons. Heath is known as a good recruiter and a so-so X's and O's guy. Recruiting to Arkansas is a heck of a lot easier than recruiting to USF, though.

in 2 years usf can be respectable and 3 years competitive

• Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

USF can easily become a good job to have if the wins start coming. Either way, you have to love the new commitment that USF has put into the hoops program this offseason.

Archived