UM just 7000 fans...

bulls96go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

we will pass these guy's in 5 years (spring game attendance)

and pass them on the feild of play in 10 years ;D

Wright, a senior who started last season until breaking his thumb and missing the last four games, threw a 5-yard touchdown to Sam Shields as the Orange defeated the White 7-0 in front of about 7,000 in the CanesFest Spring Game.

wishful thinking

Despite not showing much, Jones said the offense under new coordinator Patrick Nix will be high-flying.

"It's much more uptempo, much more complex," Jones said. "The receivers and everybody on the field, at any moment everyone's open. So anyone can catch a ball at any given time rather than setting it on one specific player. The quarterback has a lot of things that he can do at any time. We're going to light it up this year."

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/04/08/Sports/QBs_still_adjusting_t.shtml

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Miami has been an enigma, they have never had a great fanbase, even when they were winning National Championships all the time. In their National Championship season of 2001 they had 47,000 fans a game.

They just keep a lot of homegrown talent around and send guys to the pros. Not sure if we'll pass them soon, but we could certainly beat them in 2009.

That being said, 7,000 is relatively good for a spring game, I'd argue that it might be in the upper part of D-IA spring game attendance when all said and done. Not every school has the fan base of Nebraska, Florida, and Ohio State who all drew over 50,000 for their games last year.

• Content Count:  3,078

hell, UT only had like 15-20k for the spring game this year... that number is probably down because Eric Ainge was out so both teams were being run by back up QB's and scaled down offenses

• Content Count:  3,103

Miami has been an enigma, they have never had a great fanbase, even when they were winning National Championships all the time. In their National Championship season of 2001 they had 47,000 fans a game.

They just keep a lot of homegrown talent around and send guys to the pros. Not sure if we'll pass them soon, but we could certainly beat them in 2009.

That being said, 7,000 is relatively good for a spring game, I'd argue that it might be in the upper part of D-IA spring game attendance when all said and done. Not every school has the fan base of Nebraska, Florida, and Ohio State who all drew over 50,000 for their games last year.

don't forget Penn State and Michigan who sell out there stadiums ona regular bases and both whole about 75k if not more seats

• Content Count:  12,293

michigan has over 100,000.  penn st is just under that.

• Content Count:  136

I don't know why this surprises anybody.  Many UM "fans" are bandwagon fans who only root for them when they are playing well.  I believe that Randy Shannon will return that team back to their true form.  I would call UM my second favorite team, and people I know that are hardcore Canes fans think things will get better when Kyle Wright leaves.  They believe that Marve is the future of that team, which he is.  I don't thin 7000 is that bad, and should we talk yet because we don't know how many people are going to be at our spring game.

michigan has over 100,000.  penn st is just under that.

Both stadiums hold well more than 100,000...

Michigan Stadium = 107,501

Beaver Stadium = 107,282

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I think he meant attendances at their spring football games...

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

Miami Fans =7000

Sewer rats found in the orange bowl = 10,000 +

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The only Miami number I care about is what's on their scoreboard when we play them.

All this harping about attendance with Miami makes us seem like the envious UCFers seem when they talk about us.

Archived