UCF at USF T-shirts?

SeaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

I still like my "Pick a green one on gameday" slogan.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Funny you guys post something like this right when news breaks of Megans idea...

She has been working with the AD and CJL with the design which came from an athletics outside graphics artist.  It's pretty cool looking.  If she lets me... I'll sneak a file on the board.  

Megan (SG Director for Athletic Affairs) got the funding from student government for the project and athletics is pitching in around $20,000 too... each shirt will only cost a student $5, and due to current stadium contracts, etc... will only be sold in the Marshall Center.  I KNOW, needs to be sold more places... and Megan, ADW and CJL agree.  She is trying to work with athletics and the vendors to sell them at RJS.  

She has been working on this for some time... so far... everything looks to be going well.  A stratigic marketing plan will be put in place by the athletics marketing dept, SG marketing dept, and the Marshall Center marketing dept.  You should start seeing ads in about a month.

If I come across anything that she lets me give out (proposals, graphics, etc) I'll post them.

• Content Count:  12,293

i still say that reaching the students isnt the biggest problem.  students already do a great job  wearing green to the games...

its the rest of the stadium,

• Content Count:  1,158

Seabull:

That's the challenge.  My position is Director of Annual Giving for the Bulls Club.  We are the fundraising arm of the athletic department.  We work with the marketing and ticket sales departments on various projects but our main goal is to simply raise funds for operating support and infrastructure (ie. new facilities).

It will be a wonderful day for all of us when we have the 40k in the stadium all wearing green.  We will continue to look for ways to unify all parts of our fan base in the hopes of building a passionate group of fans that we can rely on to support our athletic programs through good times and bad.  I think we are on our way.

Go Bulls!

Eric

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

man, that would be cool...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You know, I went to a few Bucs games the first year they were in RayJay and they gave out these cheesy posters with sayings like, "The Bucs are loaded for Bear".  I loved them and still have them.

What if you were to create similar posters and give them out to people who show up to the game in green?  Make the posters green with gold and white writing.

• Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  1

I have to say in 2002 the bookstore sold a package of 6 shirts for all home games and they were nice... for about 25 you got all the shirts.. I still have some.. The really nice thing about the shirts was you ordered from bookstore by phone and they were delivered the weekend before the game...

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

One shirt for all the games is alot easier TMan, although the six for $25 is a pretty good deal.  If everyone wears the same shirt, it takes away any thoughts on what to wear for a football game.  Instantly, everyone has something in common, and I would think more spirit from it.

We should be taking examples from every successful university on things such as this.  We're new to this game, and we don't need to reinvent the wheel.  We just need to copy existing models.  Take what is good from some places, and throw out what is bad.

• Content Count:  478

Seabull:

That's the challenge.  My position is Director of Annual Giving for the Bulls Club.  We are the fundraising arm of the athletic department.  We work with the marketing and ticket sales departments on various projects but our main goal is to simply raise funds for operating support and infrastructure (ie. new facilities).

It will be a wonderful day for all of us when we have the 40k in the stadium all wearing green.  We will continue to look for ways to unify all parts of our fan base in the hopes of building a passionate group of fans that we can rely on to support our athletic programs through good times and bad.  I think we are on our way.

Go Bulls!

Eric

I think Eric is doing a great job. I just have a few things to add about the T-shirt idea.

1) not to sound like a college professor (which i am) but why not work with the department of mass communications on this. PRESSA (the public relations student organization) was very active when I was in school and I am sure would be happy to help with PR. the student marketing association (not sure if its through the B school or in Mass Comm) would be happy to help develop a market research strategy - to help those involved develop the right design and market it to the right demographic. Remember -- strategy and design are the biggest keys for something like this to be a success. if the design is considered "ugly" no one will buy them (unless they are really dorky or ugly people. sorry but its true).

2) also there is a big difference between how men and women approach tailgating. A t-shirt is fine for most men, but a lot of the women, that goes for both alumnae and students want to look "cuter" for games. Looking "cute" does not mean donning a baggy shirt. Perhaps something fitted for a woman could be developed. (Note: fitted does not mean un-classy). Just walk around RJ and check out the girls in the student section. You'll see what I mean.

All I am trying to say is that some market research is needed before yall spend a ton of money. That was it. Good luck with this stuff.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

Our girls would look plenty cute in a Bulls Green Gameday Tee shirt.  Just have them buy one a size smaller if they want it form fitting.  All other schools do this and its not a men/women issue.  Its a pride issue of wearing the true gameday shirt.

Archived