UCF at USF T-shirts?

SeaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i think if you charged season ticket holders an extra 5 bucks on their tickets and gave them a shirt in the mail with a pre-arranged "SHIRT DAY" for one of the games (obviously one of our national televised games) then told the SBC to wear the same shirt that day.....and then sold them at the ticket booth for an extra 5 bucks (who wouldnt buy a shirt with a ticket for an extra 5 bucks knowing everyone else would be wearing that shirt)

and with the season ticket holders you tell them to tell anyone they know to wear a green shirt that day, along with telling sbc to tell their buddies to wear green, then actually taking an ad out in the oracle and even the st pete times (green day....) or something catchy.....

there are so many ways to get this to work.  talking to sbc about it and that alone....then expecting it to actually happen is not going to work.

you only need to spend money on this 1 year about every 5 years too....because GUESS WHAT, fans want this to happen.  they just dont know how to start it.

if anyone from the ATH department wants to offer me a job to do this part time, please let me know.  id do the leg work for free.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,185
  • Days Won:  1

maybe what could be done is that a different shirt could be made up for every season, and the price set somewhere between 5 and 10 dollars, and with the proceeds from all of that shirt's sales could be donated to something USF related, and change the USF beneficiary every year.  The shirt could be sold not just at the bookstore, at games, online, via season ticket sales, but doing this would help a worth cause along with spreading BULL PRIDE!!!

another good idea....

you have to BE PROACTIVE with your marketing.

you cant just rely on the SBC.

you will never get 10,000 students who really CARE about football.

i know a student at UF who waited in their lines for tickets and she doesnt even know the difference between a quarterback and cornerback.  she just wants to go because its what everyone is talking about.

you have to build it with people who truly care about it.

and im not trying to say that the sbc doesnt care about it but for every 3 that do, there is 1 that is doing it just to do it.

hit the season ticket holders...non corporate

• Content Count:  545

I personally don't care if we come up with a student wide shirt, even though it is a great idea because I will still convince as many people possible to become members of SBC and I will wear my Bullies Shirt every game and I hope they would too.

SBC is a great organization because you become a donor to athletics.  Your money goes straight to athletics which in turn gives you great opportunities.  SBC had a social at the baseball game last week against UCF and we got to meet Stan Heath as he talked with us for a while.  The bowl and game trips are the best and I am looking forward to NYC for the big east tourney next year.  

I know that this is a huge goal but I want over 300 bullies NEXT YEAR!  I am going to set out to find every passionate USF fan to sign them up.  If you love USF sports their is no reason you should not be in this club.  Its just a matter of getting the word out.  I am very passionate about this club which is why I am so involved with it.

Please if anyone has any questions about SBC e-mail me and I would be glad to talk with you about it.

I know that this is a huge goal but I want over 300 bullies NEXT YEAR!

300?

less then 1% of what is on campus?

and only a .5 increase.

good thing im not a recreuiter

• Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

I know that this is a huge goal but I want over 300 bullies NEXT YEAR!

300?

less then 1% of what is on campus?

and only a .5 increase.

good thing im not a recreuiter

Make a deal with the fraternities to automatically join the SBC with membership. Have each fraternity add the charge for SBC membership into the annual dues. Then collect the check from each fraternity for each active member. That gives you a pretty good head start. Also do the sororities -then see if you can sell them on the SBC idea  ;)

• Content Count:  1,158

Nice math Rezz.  I'd say going from 180 members to 300 members is a little bit more than .5 increase.  Wait, let me quick do the math....divide 180 into 300......carry the 1.....move the decimal point......I get a 66% increase over our current membership.  

Name me a company that wouldn't be happy with a 66% increase in one years time, we would be.  Especially of those 300 people become the core of a great student organization that we are trying to build with the help if people like alau who has a positive view of athletics and is trying to help us grow instead of just complaining about it on a message board.   ::)

Eric

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Whether this T-shirt idea goes or not, I am sure that almost every USF fan or student has at least 1 green shirt.  What's the problem?  I always wear USF colors at Ray Jay, and I wear them whenever I am not working (where I am not allowed to).

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  7,380
  • Days Won:  3

I've got a great slogan that will help people remember to wear grean to the game. Heck it would probably make a good t-shirt in and of itself.

"Pick a green one on game day!"

professional_etiquette_picking_nose.jpg

How can you forget that?

• Content Count:  928

Rezz, I'm with you. The ones who are endlessly promoting SBC aren't seeing the point. I admire the loyalty but you guys are failing to realize that the SBC is for STUDENTS!!! I bet 75% of the members on this board cannot join the SBC even if they wanted to but 100% can buy a $5 shirt. Eric, how is that for math?

And before someone else says that I'm just complaining as opposed to joining...you're wrong. I am going to join, but it is not my fault that I hadn't joined sooner because I knew nothing about it due to lack of marketing or whatever you want to call it. Honestly, I thought they were another group like the beef studs, and I want nothing to do with them.

The $5 shirt idea is already in progress so fight it all you want, but it's there. There is a very REAL opportunity that there will be 10,000 unified fans at RJS next year. And while the SBC has a great vision, it may take a little longer.

I'm in the process of emailing the lady who got her proposal approved to see how I can help.

Archived