UCF at USF T-shirts?

SeaBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  478
  • Days Won:  0

I think Belle needs to move back from Iowa and run this project herself.  I don't know anybody who looks better in a tight-fitting polo anyway.  I just wish she hadn't found this board, because now I know where she's coming up with all the USF marketing ideas she calls me with at odd hours.  Just kidding dear move home soon  ;D

I think it's great if you can get the North End Zone covered in green.  More Bulls gear for more people is always a good thing, and I'm glad our department and Mr. Woolard are on board.  Anything I can do to help, please let me know.  Got a marketable name for the project by the way?  Green Wave, Gang Green, Mean Green, and Green Acres are already taken.  Blackout and whiteout work, but greenout really doesn't.  I'm kinda stumped on this one.  

And any student who cares enough about USF Athletics to be on this board but isn't a member of SBC is either pathologically anti-social or an idiot.  $25 for all those benefits, and the opportunity to help work from the inside to make things like this happen is a freaking steal.  And we make it a steal on purpose because we want you to join and get involved.  

My .02... feel free to credit it so your SBC gift is now only $24.98  8-)

my dearest collin

I come up with marketing ideas because my phd is in communication and VISUAL rhetoric. And who, may I ask, sent ME a text last night at 4 30 in the morning???? Thats what I thought.  ;)

Now for more important, and er, less personal matters:

I think a green out idea is a great idea. We could certainly shoot for 08. What that means is - we (well someone) needs to market this heavily. Make it a thing. And come up with another name (so we arent copying other schools).  I am quite sure the student body and alumni would get behind this thing if it becomes part of a larger marketing campaign or a larger idea.

this means it probably needs to start with a collaboration between a student group (SG maybe??? I don't really know- I graduated) and the marketing department (that means the marketing in the athletic dept, the marketing department housed in the alumni association and the marketing dept in student activities-- it should be a university wide event).

From a marketing perspective, there are a ton of things we can do with this concept. have a contest to see what student group brings in the most people in green, pair it with a charity that uses hunter green as its charity, etc...

That said, the slogan is mighty important. For example: "Pick a green one on game day" or "better pick a green one" are great ideas -- but could we build a  marketing campaign around that phrase? How do we tie this slogan into the idea of a "green out" or whatever?

These are the things that need to be smoothed out BEFORE anything happens.

Ok - I have said enough. If you want help with this or have any questions -- PM me directly.

bye yall

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

How about GAMEDAY GREEN?  Posters around school saying, "Be sure to wear your Gameday Green" with a picture of a couple of students wearing the shirts.  Also, there should be ads in the Oracle and local papers saying the same thing.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

green shirts for everyone

How about GAMEDAY GREEN?  Posters around school saying, "Be sure to wear your Gameday Green" with a picture of a couple of students wearing the shirts.  Also, there should be ads in the Oracle and local papers saying the same thing.

I like it - but we need to tie it into a larger concept that evokes a mass number of people. something that lets people know its part of an effort to do something like a green out. and, i know this is horrible, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - if you are going to have photos of students - please make them attractive. I know that is a horrible thing to say - but from a marketing perspective it is essential. last time i was on campus i was struck how beautiful the men and women were. i mean there are a lot of really pretty people in tampa. attractive soes not have to mean drop dead georgeous or slutty -it just means that the people presented in university ads need to not be sloppy, unkept, etc.  we have a lot of really pretty people that go to school at usf - lets capitalize on that for once. (and i know collin and a host of others would agree with me on this one).

• Content Count:  2,726

Game-day Green it is!!! I like this Belle of the Bull, where did she come from?  

BTW: if any of you havent made the effort to attend away games, i highly recommend it!  Last year, going to the game AT Louisville was an incredible learning experience.  There are many things that we can do, like this "Game-day Green"idea that would help the attendance boost.  UofL did a "Black-out" (EVERYONE wore BLACK!!!)game when WVU came to town and it turned out REALLY well.  They were still talking about it when we were up there...

I like what I'm hearing on this board!

GO BULLS!!!

Here is a look at UofL's "Black-out", pretty sweet looking...

http://photos-586.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v49/95/120/38301362/n38301362_30999586_6016.jpg

• Content Count:  624

Game-day Green it is!!! I like this Belle of the Bull, where did she come from?  

BTW: if any of you havent made the effort to attend away games, i highly recommend it!  Last year, going to the game AT Louisville was an incredible learning experience.  There are many things that we can do, like this "Game-day Green"idea that would help the attendance boost.  UofL did a "Black-out" (EVERYONE wore BLACK!!!)game when WVU came to town and it turned out REALLY well.  They were still talking about it when we were up there...

I like what I'm hearing on this board!

GO BULLS!!!

Here is a look at UofL's "Black-out", pretty sweet looking...

http://photos-586.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v49/95/120/38301362/n38301362_30999586_6016.jpg

I believe that "JoeB" coined the term "GAMEDAY GREEN" but either way I love it. I think that is the best name of the ones mentioned in this thread.

• Content Count:  958

"Gameday Green"

I really really like that

its awesome :)

that sounds really really good. now someone just needs to run with it....

any takers?????

I also like "theres something about the green ones - this Saturday- bring it in your gameday green" or something like that -- that would make for a cute ad. esp if the people in the ad are cute. (seriously, I cant stress that enough).

• Content Count:  928

I still haven't heard back from Megan and Bullzfan4life doesn't reply to PM's so I don't know where I'd stand on this.

It's already in progress..the shirts that is...but the marketing is the big "?".

Who should I be in contact with? I don't really know where to begin but I can image there are plenty of people that read this board that can help. PM me.....

So, the $5 shirts are already a GO, now Operation: Gameday Green needs to be launched. With proper planning and the right people, this can be a real possibility for the '07 season.

• Content Count:  9,810
  • Days Won:  9

I should probably trademark that name................. ;)

Archived