Bowl Analysis... er... Texas Bowl News

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The Gator will never take USF......

Given the proper opponent (i.e. FSU) they would take a seriously look at us.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that the BigEast does not get the Gator this year. :-[

• Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

Actually the gator bowl doesnt alternate betweeb big 12 and Big East. The Gator is required to take B12 twice and BE/ND twice in four years.

So if they take BE/ND this year they are bound to take B12 next two years.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

The 1st wave of Bulls fans are all the alumni out there who went to USF when there wasnt a football team.  they are just sports fans.
First Tier-  People that graduated prior to football was at USF

Just as an FYI, some of the biggest Bulls fans are not alumni...

• Content Count:  12,293

some of the biggest donors might not be alumns...and we may have a few diehards who just grew up in the area and looking for a team to root for..

but most people at usf games are affilated with the school in some way.

Actually the gator bowl doesnt alternate betweeb big 12 and Big East. The Gator is required to take B12 twice and BE/ND twice in four years.

Actually, that is not correct.  The Gator Bowl has the OPTION of taking a Big 12 team no more than two times in four years.  They can take a Big 12 once or not at all.  If the Gator opts for a Big 12 team, they get the #4 Big 12 selection ... that is, they exercise their once-every-four years option of selecting the #2 Big 12 team.

This info was in a few articles talking about the Big East selections last season.

• Content Count:  1,812

some of the biggest donors might not be alumns...and we may have a few diehards who just grew up in the area and looking for a team to root for..

but most people at usf games are affilated with the school in some way.

I have had season tickets since day 1 and the people who I go with and a lot of the people who have sat in my section (45yd line) are not Alumni but local fans who love college football, add the number of tickets bought by corporations and I would put it at almost 50%

• Content Count:  549

That's the way I remember it.  The Gator has to take the BE twice and the Big12 twice in a four-year period.  And since they have taken BE teams the past two years(WVU in '07, UofL in '06), they would have to take Big12 teams the next two.  I hope I'm wrong, but that's how I remember it.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

First, the bowl situation WILL improve the next go around, after these deals expire.  Remember the BE was an unproven commodity when these deals were signed, and the BE was STILL able to keep the gator/sun and the Meineke.  How much better do you think they will do next go around when every one can flat out see how good the NBE has done.  Attendance is important, but it aint everything.  People want (including bowls) to see a winner.  Remind me again hwo many people Miami brought to thier bowl last year.  I wonder if they will have a problem getting a bowl this year.  Again, people are for a good story (like USF could become this year) and want to see a winner.

Second, I am sick and tired about the attendance stat being thrown out.  That will go up by at least 10K gauranteed this year, with the home schedule.  You can mark it down, if USF has the year that is expected, with the home schedule we have, we will average over 40K this year.  We averaged 39K with the same sched 2 years ago with a FAR worse team.  I wouldn't be surprised to see avg attendance at 42-44K with a game or 2 nearing 50K, especially if we start off with a win against AU.  

• Content Count:  2,726

Ditto BullsFanInTx....I said the same thing two pages ago!  

FYI - I have a strong belief that we will all be driving to Jacksonville in January for our bowl game.

If I'm wrong...then I hope we're driving to Miami/Atlanta or New Orleans instead!!  lol ;)

GO BULLS!!!

Archived