UCF... who?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

WVU thinks of Marshall the same way we do of CFU.  So neither team would get in.  Memphis and/or ECU would get in first because more members would vote for it.  (Not that they ever will get in).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,319
  • Days Won:  11

It's amazing how just two years has changed our outlook as a fan base. I read things about keeping UCF mid-major, or how they just aren't in the same league, or how they don't deserve to be on our level, yet it's amazing to think we're only a few seasons out from being in CUSA, and before that not even D-1A. My first year at USF was the first year we were in CUSA. We played Southern Miss and such, and a HUGE game for us was a year or two later, Bowling Green. If someone had spoken to Mike T. of the Big East about us like we speak about UCF, we might still be stuck in CUSA. Someone gave us a shot to run with the BCS schools and we're very fortunate to have it and to be taking advantage of it. UCF is simply where we were just a few years ago, and I don't think they should be denied the chance that we got, because that's like saying we never deserved the chance to be a BCS school.

That being said, I do kinda like that we own UCF ;-)

• Content Count:  123
  • Days Won:  0

Its not what people want to hear, but IF the BE ever expands it will be because the basketball conference separated. I don't think is a solid in the forseeable future.

Based on facilities and commitment to athletics UCF will be at the top of the list. If Memphis gets the new football stadium they will be up there too. MArshall will get a strong look, but many times they are known to bring recruits to their outdoor facilities at night, because they are so bad.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up with will be a long time UCFers before the BE basketball contract runs out...

The Big East IMO would look more to Memphis for these reasons Better Football program and basketball program and a different State to have a present in

About 25% of you are talking out of your ass.

Records in 2005 for football (regular season)

Memphis: 7-5   Loss to UCF 38-17

UCF: 8-4  (conf 7-1)

Records in 2006 for football (regular season)

Worst UCF team in 8 years from a talent perspective

Memphis: 2-10 (conf 1-7) Loss to UCF 26-24

UCF:        4-8

They are only going to get worse. The only time Memphis was good in the last 5 years was with DeAngelo Williams. Here is the breakdown

Facilites :  UCF wins

Football:   UCF wins

TV market: UCF wins

Basketball:  Memphis wins

Do you really think Memphis would want to leave a basketball situation where they dominate the league every year?

In addition, UCF was second in CUSA for basketball this year so its not like we were chopped liver there either. We have had some very successful baseball teams as well. UCF will make the biggest push and we have nothing but love to get into the BE. In addition, UCF coming to the BE will be good for USF. There will be so much media coverage and hype in the state of Florida related to the BE matchup. I think the matchup will bring more attention from florida kids to both schools and the BE in general.

It's amazing how just two years has changed our outlook as a fan base. I read things about keeping UCF mid-major, or how they just aren't in the same league, or how they don't deserve to be on our level, yet it's amazing to think we're only a few seasons out from being in CUSA, and before that not even D-1A. My first year at USF was the first year we were in CUSA. We played Southern Miss and such, and a HUGE game for us was a year or two later, Bowling Green. If someone had spoken to Mike T. of the Big East about us like we speak about UCF, we might still be stuck in CUSA. Someone gave us a shot to run with the BCS schools and we're very fortunate to have it and to be taking advantage of it. UCF is simply where we were just a few years ago, and I don't think they should be denied the chance that we got, because that's like saying we never deserved the chance to be a BCS school.

That being said, I do kinda like that we own UCF ;-)

Faza,

You are a good, logical fan and you hit the nail on the head. Its good that you are classy about it. You do own us as of now, but at least you recognize your roots. Otherwise, you are like a poor person that worked to get rich and forgot all his friends and history when he was poor.

Dont forget, that UCF has struggled for years with little or no budget for football. Recruiting dollars were zilch yet we still lined up against the powers of the SEC/ACC and played some very good games. We have managed to develop some great players and all this with nothing. To be honest UCF is/was at some of its worse times. Do you think the UCF team now could even stand-up to an SEC team when they lose to pitt 52-7 or whatever. Things are getting better and better up north. We are working towards something big. Its amazing what USF has done in 10 years. Everything was planned right and all the pieces fell in the right place. USF knew what it wanted and structured a strategy as such. UCF was never to be thought of as a Football school. There was never a master plan. Just and idiot AD who stayed independent rather than make the proper moves back in the day. WE do deserve a shot and hopefully we get one. Much respect to you

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

I think Memphis would love to exit C-USA.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Fanatic, I agree with most of what you say. Except the Memphis wouldn't jump.

If they got that call tomorrow, they wouldn't think twice.

Football = Money & the BCS offers it.

^^It's so clear to me, don't understand why others don't get it.  Why add crappy teams for the sake of adding teams (the UCFs of the world). No, NO, NOOOO.

Yup i agree with this.  We have a good thing going with a very good/solid football and basketball conference (the most visible collegiate sports) why add teams to dilute it.  QUALITY OVER QUANTITY FELLAS!

Ya, hmmmm, if UCF was in the BE are recruiting would be much,much better. On paper we are already very close to recruiting at USFs level in CUSA. I think with all the facilities, if UCF was in the BE we would have a much better class. Already recruits are saying their top3 are UF, UM, UCF or UM, FSU, UCF. Go to rivals and do some research yourself. As a kid going to college there is something to be said about resort-style living, practice fields, stadium, and mini-mall all within a walking distance of one another. I agree that USF should fight tooth and nail about letting UCF in. If UCF gets BCS status there will be alot more competition in recruiting.

• Content Count:  1,261

Fanatic - You are drinking Brandon's kool-aid when it comes to recruiting.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

There's also something to be said about Rivals and the fallacy that is online recruiting rankings.  But that's a whole other thread and discussion from months ago.

It's all on the field chief.

Archived