UCF in the Big East?  Yeah, right!

crambone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Everyone who doesnt want UCF in the Big East is just AFRAID that UCF will get up to par with us.   ::) If you're that confident in our program, you wouldn't fear other state programs in our conference. [highlight] Did you see FSU run scared when UM came to the ACC?[/highlight]

Um, I think UM was already "on par" with FSU before they joined the BE. That move didn't affect FSU one iota.

If you don't think that a move to a BCS conference by UCF in the next five years would have a negative effect on USF, you're being naive.

There is one problem with this opinion.  Miami was already a BCS program before joining the ACC.  Why would we give UCF the format to compete on an equal footing with USF.  Why would we add a 5th FL BCS school to compete for recruits with.  Why would we add competition when we are currently separting ourselves from all the non BCS schools to become the big 4.  Why would we slow down our ascent to the top, and give the knights a forum to say that they are equal with us.  You can bet your rear end the Bulls would fight UCF tooth and nail.  Since the bulls are already a member, and this has to be agreed upon and voted upon by the members, as long as Leavitt, Woolard, etc. are screaming no from the top of their lungs, UCF will never get in, period.  That is a fact, Jack.  Do you ever think WVU would let Marshall in.  You know the answer to that question.  So why does anyone think this would be a good thing. never, ever, ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever let UCF in the BE.    

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

There is one problem with this opinion.  Miami was already a BCS program before joining the ACC.  Why would we give UCF the format to compete on an equal footing with USF.  Why would we add a 5th FL BCS school to compete for recruits with.  Why would we add competition when we are currently separting ourselves from all the non BCS schools to become the big 4.  Why would we slow down our ascent to the top, and give the knights a forum to say that they are equal with us.  You can bet your rear end the Bulls would fight UCF tooth and nail.  Since the bulls are already a member, and this has to be agreed upon and voted upon by the members, as long as Leavitt, Woolard, etc. are screaming no from the top of their lungs, UCF will never get in, period.  That is a fact, Jack.  Do you ever think WVU would let Marshall in.  You know the answer to that question.  So why does anyone think this would be a good thing. never, ever, ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever let UCF in the BE.    

Who is to say that they'd slow down our progress?  Do you know how much talent this state has?  The state of Florida has won a college football national championship 9 times in the past 25 yrs.  I have faith in our program and coaching staff.  I'm not afraid of UCF.  If anything, it would make our games that much more meaningful and give us more exposure.

Besides, I think 8 teams in a BCS conference is ridiculous.  I think we need at least 10.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Um, I think UM was already "on par" with FSU before they joined the BE. That move didn't affect FSU one iota.

If you don't think that a move to a BCS conference by UCF in the next five years would have a negative effect on USF, you're being naive.

So you're admitting that you're afraid of UCF if they joined our conference?  You afraid they'll steal recruits from us?  Jesus Christ.  Have some faith in our program.  There's enough talent in the state to supply the entire nation.  If they join, I'll accept the challenge, even if it's in our conference.

Naive, it is ....

Who is to say that they'd slow down our progress?  Do you know how much talent this state has?  The state of Florida has won a college football national championship 9 times in the past 25 yrs.  I have faith in our program and coaching staff.  I'm not afraid of UCF.  If anything, it would make our games that much more meaningful and give us more exposure.

Besides, I think 8 teams in a BCS conference is ridiculous.  I think we need at least 10.

I guess we agree to disagree.  I say keep the knights down right where they are, a mid major program.

• Content Count:  2,726

Supporting an addition of UCF to the big east would be like shooting ourselves in the foot.  We are running a program that has a far higher ceiling than UCF.  Its not a question of being scared...its a question of... Why give them the same opportunities we have?  I suggest we end this thread and move on.  

GO BULLS!!!

There are not currently 2 quality teams to consider for the BE to go to 10.  Any 2 schools currently available would add absolutely nothing, and would give people fodder for thinking the BE is becoming cusa light.  TCU, maybe, but they are probably too far away to be considered.  Memphis has a great bball team but a bad fball team.  ECU thinks they are better than they are in fball, and would be at the bottom of the league.  UCF fuggetaboudit.  Until someone east of the Mississippi becomes another Boise St, there is no reason to even think about it.  Stay at 8 until someone TRULY separates themselves and warrants inclusion.  If they don't then stay at 8 indefinitely.  Mike Tranghese has said this over and over again.

• Content Count:  2,726

Like I said...Memphis seems to not give any money to any other program but Mens BBall.  The football team and womens Bbal team are a joke.  Marshall wasnt too HOT in football either...they were awful!!!  BullsFanInTx, you have a great point...and one I agree with.

Go BULLS!!!

^^It's so clear to me, don't understand why others don't get it.  Why add crappy teams for the sake of adding teams (the UCFs of the world). No, NO, NOOOO.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

^^It's so clear to me, don't understand why others don't get it.  Why add crappy teams for the sake of adding teams (the UCFs of the world). No, NO, NOOOO.

Yup i agree with this.  We have a good thing going with a very good/solid football and basketball conference (the most visible collegiate sports) why add teams to dilute it.  QUALITY OVER QUANTITY FELLAS!

• Content Count:  1,981

UCF will never be in the Big East because the moment that it is brought up during a meeting I'm sure CJL and DW would ask to allow Marshall in as well. If WVU wouldn't want anybody voting Marshall in I think they would do the same thing for us when it came to UCF. So there you have it, case closed.

Archived