UCF in the Big East?  Yeah, right!

crambone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

The reason that i dont think the Big east should add UCF in the near future is that the BE needs time to let USF establish itself to a level of the Big 3. The BCS access allows USF to do that,adding UCF just dilutes the talent both schools can get and thus makes it more difficult for either one to reach the levels of the big three.

Dont think the BE doesnt realize this, is the reason UM was so opposed to adding USF or UCF to the BE while they were there.

Exactly.  why do I have to keep repeating this over and over.

ANYONE but UCF.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

CJL and DW will nix UCF any time the subject comes up.

I will not allow it if I have to go and convince Mike Tranghese myself.

Thank you for proving my point.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

We should strangle UCF in the craddle, letting them into the Big East could be suicide.

A tad crude but deadly accurate....

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...who knew that my thread could get THIS long.

KEEP IT GOING!  :D

• Content Count:  400

The reason that i dont think the Big east should add UCF in the near future is that the BE needs time to let USF establish itself to a level of the Big 3. The BCS access allows USF to do that,adding UCF just dilutes the talent both schools can get and thus makes it more difficult for either one to reach the levels of the big three.

Dont think the BE doesnt realize this, is the reason UM was so opposed to adding USF or UCF to the BE while they were there.

AGAIN, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TALENT THERE IS IN THIS STATE?  look at the roster of any BCS program this side of the mississippi.  They will have Florida recruits on there.  Do you honestly think there is not enough FL talent to go around?  Hell, FSU, UF, UM, USF, UCF, FAMU, BCC, and Univ. of Tampa can start their own BCS conference and there'd be enough recruits for these programs.  WHY ARE YOU AFRAID OF WHAT UCF WILL DO TO US?  do you not have enough faith in Jim Leavitt?

• Content Count:  400

oh, and to the TCU thing.. i think TCU is too far West of the mississippi to be in the Big East.  If we were going that direction, I say we bring in TCU and Univ. of Houston (two top 10 media markets).  However, geographically, I think it's a little too far.  UCF would be a good fit.. as will ECU or Marshall.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

AGAIN, DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TALENT THERE IS IN THIS STATE?  look at the roster of any BCS program this side of the mississippi.  They will have Florida recruits on there.  Do you honestly think there is not enough FL talent to go around?  Hell, FSU, UF, UM, USF, UCF, FAMU, BCC, and Univ. of Tampa can start their own BCS conference and there'd be enough recruits for these programs.  WHY ARE YOU AFRAID OF WHAT UCF WILL DO TO US?  do you not have enough faith in Jim Leavitt?

WE ARE NOT SCARED, WE JUST WANT TO KEEP THEM DOWN AND SQUASH THEM LIKE A BUG,  WHAT BETTER WAY TO DO THAT THEN TO KEEP THEM IN CDOA.

• Content Count:  2,726

End this madness!!! CF won't be in the Big East!!!  Bunch of followers and wannabe's if you ask me...

CFU is always trying to think they are better than somebody...Gators, Bulls, whos next?

Whatever happens, UCF will always get the HORNS!!!

gobulls.jpg

bullnation.jpg

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Bringing in any CUSA team would water down the football (weakest part) of the conference as they have not been able to beat a Big East team in a while. UCiF has never beaten a current member of BE. USF had beaten CUSA teams that were moving and Pitt before they went to BE.

So were they thinking that when they brought USF in? Give me a break man. When you go to BCS you get better talent. CJL has been selling BCS since you got the invite, hence the better team. Last year you were 6-6. Your team will only get better. UCF would be bottom of the pack, but we would become alot more competetive. in 2005 we were 27th in the AP Poll.

Well, this is a dead horse. Good luck to you. I look forward to seeing Mike Ford in action.

Bingo...as some USF fans don't know (weren't around) when USF received their Big East invite in Nov 2003!

Leavitt has been selling that ever since.

BCS membership (or soon to be) does help attract better "overall" recruits in most cases.

• Content Count:  3,574

Omni,

I am not drinking kool-aid. I am merely comparing the most renown HS recruiting service for college football: Rivals. Noticed that I said "on-paper". I said this because we really wont know much about the two most recent classes that GOL had until another two years. On paper, we werent that far behind USF in recruiting ----> ON PAPER.

AS a UCF fanatic I have followed UCF recruiting for years. Take a look at c/o 2004 and c/o 2005 when we were transitioning coaches. Those are the players on the field right now. Think that we may get better? If rivals rankings translated to good teams than we obviously would. Going from literally all 2 stars with little names in all-state , all-district players to a sufficient amount of three-star all-dade, all-state 6A is a big difference. I am not going to discount what you guys have accomplished, but if you want to try and discount fact, by all means do so.

I never said that paper rankings mean more wins, but that on paper we are recruiting better and better and that in years past we would NEVER hear our names spoken consistently with quality BCS programs. In addition, you should know that the rival articles were written by other authors, not Brandon.

I am sure USF keeps hearing a better and better things from recruits about USF as USF does so many important things. The same thing is happening to us.

In conclusion, I still think we have a good shot at a BCS conference when looking at other programs.

What about Scout?  We're like what... 20 spots ahead?  How about ESPN, etc.?

We're on top in every ranking.

• Content Count:  3,574

Last year you were 6-6. Your team will only get better.  

:-?

We are in 2007.  You do know that, right?

Archived